LegacyGT.com

Exhaust is done!!!

if all your interested in is the sound, save yourself a few bucks and get 2 magnaflow(or something cheaper) mufflers and just have a shop weld them on.

and no it will not throw a code nor is it illegal to take off the resonator. but yes for removing the cat and it is illegal

Guest subiecity
im trying to stay away from weldings, i had my hondas exuast welded like 20 different times i mean it lasts but after a good 1 year it corrodes/leakes and just looks rusty on the joins and just plain garbage....i got a stainless steel bolt on catback headers hi flow cat for my honda and its been a year and it still looks brand new with no rust marks or anything bolt on is the way to go welding is great to butt im gonna pass for now

• 2 months later...

hi, can you please gimme a photo of the headers?

cos i was under the impression that the borla headers go clockwise(when looking from the top of the engine, and i've had a looka t my 07 2.5 and they go the other way.

thanks in advance.

EDIT:

I had my car dyno'd today and got:

147awhp

149awtq

Perrin LWP

Custom COBB intake w/ K&N panel

Borla headers

Custom exhaust

What happened to your last dyno numbers and what have you done to change those numbers? Do you have charts from your most recent run?

WOT can get kinda loud but not much different from a WRX or STI

my friend has and 06 STI with an Invidia setup and when i ride with him its not much different.

at idle low and throaty

i will post a sound bite and scan of the dyno in the next day or so.

thx

that was the first time i dyno'd it.

i will scan it in tonight and post

My mistake, I thought you had done a baseline but it was somebody else. Looks like it may be safe to say that you gained 20-25 hp/tq from your upgrades (compared to the only other dyno I have seen of 2.5i). That's pretty sweet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
:orly:

so we have to look for Borla header 2.5 NA specific?

dammit, cuz my buddy just had his borla header swapped out of his GT, i was going to get it from him :(

Yes

Remember, the GT header has to route it's exhaust flow to the turbo, the N/A just goes out to the catback. ;)

:orly:

so we have to look for Borla header 2.5 NA specific?

dammit, cuz my buddy just had his borla header swapped out of his GT, i was going to get it from him :(

Oh damn, my bad Hanger! :redface:

Damnit, didn't mean to give you wrong info.

I guess it's the Borla headers for Imprezza then???:iam:

05ABP 2.5i:

Can you post the Borla header part number if you have it? It bolted up with no modifications needed? I'm considering the a2r

I am very interested in putting on the unequal length headers and am keen to hear what your setup sounds like. I'm running Magnaflow 14827 mufflers - had no resonator for awhile but it droned a bit at 3000 rpm on the highway so I put the factory resonator back in - IMO it needs something but not as much as the factory unit... Anyhow, do you get the boxer rumble with your setup? Post a clip please :munch:

Archived