LegacyGT.com

windows fog all the time???

Mine does it to, I just try to wipe them as clean as possible with a microfiber towel, that seems to keep it to a minimum. My Lotus does this too (although only with the windshield) and it has been blamed on something called "off gassing", where the dashboard wasn't able to fully cure and as such it releases something that causes the windows to get a constant haze/fog. If you wipe it as clean as possible it keeps it clean for a couple weeks.

Mine do it to, I just try to wipe them as clean as possible with a microfiber towel, that seems to keep it to a minimum. My Lotus does this too (although only with the windshield) and it has been blamed on something called "off gassing", where the dashboard wasn't able to fully cure and as such it releases something that causes the windows to get a constant haze/fog. If you wipe it as clean as possible it keeps it clean for a couple weeks.

have you been to florence in the lotus?

thanks for the advice, i shall try it.

have you been to florence in the lotus?

thanks for the advice, i shall try it.

Florence Y'All! I've driven through a few times (heading to and from Columbus) but haven't stopped there in a while. I used to have a couple friends that went to NKU so I was up there every couple weekends.

Florence Y'All! I've driven through a few times (heading to and from Columbus) but haven't stopped there in a while. I used to have a couple friends that went to NKU so I was up there every couple weekends.

i have seen a yellow and orange lotus in the area from time to time, its been a while though...

i have seen a yellow and orange lotus in the area from time to time, its been a while though...

Ah, I'd bet they are a husband and wife from Louisville. They met up with us in Atlanta after we bought our Lotus and we all hit up Deals Gap.

http://www.fleur-design.net/lotus/images/CRW_0714.jpg

The fogging is related to the chemicals used in manufacturing plastics. Phthalates (sp?) used to keep plactic pliable (and in large part responsible for that new car smell) sublimate (go directly from a solid to gaseous form) and coat the inside of the windows. It will lessen with time. Keeping outside air coming in will exhaust them to the outside and help minimize the problem.

The fogging is related to the chemicals used in manufacturing plastics. Phthalates (sp?) used to keep plactic pliable (and in large part responsible for that new car smell) sublimate (go directly from a solid to gaseous form) and coat the inside of the windows. It will lessen with time. Keeping outside air coming in will exhaust them to the outside and help minimize the problem.

You're on the wrong track again Vimy, this is fogging, as in excessive moisture inside the car. You are referring to the greasy type of film you get from the plastics.

The defog button works pretty well.

You're on the wrong track again Vimy, this is fogging, as in excessive moisture inside the car. You are referring to the greasy type of film you get from the plastics.

Not necessarily, this is what both my Legacy and my Lotus have done, wiping it once with a clean cloth will keep it fog free for a couple weeks or so. It takes some real effort to get the haze off but once its off it usually stays clean for a while.

Then again, there might be two separate issues going on, between the off gassing and moisture buildup.

Cold or not, the AC compressor needs to run so it can remove moisture from the air -- the stuff that's collecting on your windows. Just running the heat yeilds warm moist air which still collects on the glass.

DO NOT use Fog-X or any similar product. It may be ok for 30+ year old cars with broken hvac's but don't use it on a modern car, especially over tint.

The outgassing problem is also an issue on the Legacy, and if there is the slightest buildup of film it attracts and holds moisture, making it more likely for the windows to fog.

Use a glass cleaning product meant for car windows instead of normal Windex. Use lots of paper towels and work quickly.

"Again"? WTF is up with that?

Water vapour clings to the film on the glass caused by the out gassing. I hope that you're not just plain stupid all the time.

Keeping the hydrocarbon based outgassed film off your windows will do great things to minimize fogging.

Mine is so bad overnight that the rear window has a lot of condensation on it. I kept it clean too but that night the temp dropped a lot. Try to keep the windows clean as possible that usually helps...and always try to acclimate the inside temp to the outside before shutting off the car. In the winter I drive the last 1/4 mile before my house with the window down to get the heat out otherwise next morning it'll be lots of droplets.

i usually put a window rag over the windshield vents on my dashboard at night, and i won't have a fogging problem in the morning. somehow the water gets into the hvac system. i didn't have the time totake the subie apart, but some gromets were gone in the integra and the rain water wouldget in the hvac. after replacing them i never had any excess moisture problem. it's been 2 years since.

Cold or not, the AC compressor needs to run so it can remove moisture from the air -- the stuff that's collecting on your windows. Just running the heat yeilds warm moist air which still collects on the glass.

:whore:

i always run AC when it is moist outside, or when the windows fog up - it is never too cold for AC, you just need to adjust your temp to provide warm dry air...

Archived