LegacyGT.com

windows fog all the time???

Do you guys with fog on the inside of the windows have the HVAC system set to "recirculate"? I am amazed how many cars I see in the winter with the windows not only foggy, but frosty on the INSIDE. You have to have outside air coming into the cabin with cold ambient air temperatures. Outside air is dry when it is cold. You, a human (or something close), produce a lot of moisture when you breathe. Plus, if you have a car full of your mouth breathing buddies, or a hottie or two who is too lazy to dry her hair, you WILL have foggy windows if the system is set on recirculate.

:rtfm:

It is still ugly.

:whore:

i always run AC when it is moist outside, or when the windows fog up - it is never too cold for AC, you just need to adjust your temp to provide warm dry air...

If the LGT is anything like the Impreza, turning on any defrost setting automatically turns the A/C on. Not sure how the climate controls handle this, though.

Do you guys with fog on the inside of the windows have the HVAC system set to "recirculate"? I am amazed how many cars I see in the winter with the windows not only foggy, but frosty on the INSIDE. You have to have outside air coming into the cabin with cold ambient air temperatures. Outside air is dry when it is cold. You, a human (or something close), produce a lot of moisture when you breathe. Plus, if you have a car full of your mouth breathing buddies, or a hottie or two who is too lazy to dry her hair, you WILL have foggy windows if the system is set on recirculate.

:rtfm:

The front windshield defrost is only set to use outside air on an 05 LGT. the moment you switch to recirculate it'll change to something else.

Mine is so bad overnight that the rear window has a lot of condensation on it. I kept it clean too but that night the temp dropped a lot. Try to keep the windows clean as possible that usually helps...and always try to acclimate the inside temp to the outside before shutting off the car. In the winter I drive the last 1/4 mile before my house with the window down to get the heat out otherwise next morning it'll be lots of droplets.

Sounds like you need to start parking in the garage sir! :)

its kinda cold here in the winter, def. to cold to run the a/c:icon_wink

Definitely DO need to have the A/C button on when your windows are fogging up, even if you've got the heat on. That's why it comes on automatically when you choose the Defrost vent position! And it really works like a charm. It also helps if you have the recirc off (venting from outside.) I had plenty of opportunity to test various setting yesterday on my 4 hour drive home from Chicago in very cold rainy conditions; I've always been very impressed with the LGT climate control system, although I never have mine set to the Automatic function.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Archived