LegacyGT.com

Will this void my warranty?

bskey

I already have them installed, so if I do take it in, do they void my entire warranty for good, so I can never have any waranty work done again, or will they just not warranty the suspension? This is my first car with a warrantyn so Im not too sure how it works. I went to the John Elway Subaru dealership and they seemed really cool and helpful. Maybe I'll call them Monday and ask them, 'hypothetically', what they would do if I installed the springs. I dont have any suspension issues, but I do have a few non critical things I'd like them to fix that are under warranty.

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

NO, your warrenty is intact. Think of it like this. if you painted your car, Subaru wouldn't fix it if it peeled but they would still fix the transmission if it leaked. What ever you change you are reponcible for. With that in mind should the springs put excess pressure on the struts and they prematurly broke the struts would not be covered because the springs caused them to fail..

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

What kind of work are you having done? I take my car to the dealer for oil changes they have it on the rack and they have never commented on the Cobb DP or CUsco Sways. So if your work doesn't have anything to do with the ECU, I wouldn't unmarry the AP. They have no idea unless you tell them or leave the AP in the front seat. LOL

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

I'm going to have them look at my studder, so I know I need to unmarry the AP before I do that, and there are a few cosmetis issues. I guess I could make the haul up to Flatirons. I'd like to see their prices on some other goodies I am thinking about.

As others have said mods can only result in warranty claim denial for areas they affect - so springs could allow them to deny some suspension related items.

The AP would allow them to deny just about any drivetrain claim if they choose to, a much bigger deal than springs. Don't fool yourself, if they choose to look they can certainly tell even if you've reflashed back to stock - you're just betting they won't look, odds are indeed slim.

Ok, so I just unmarried my AP to take it in to the dealer, and now my check engine light is on. Any ideas? Now that it's unmarried, I shouldn't have any warranty issues with the dealer, right, even if it is an ECU issue? The AP said it was sucessfully unmarried.

Ahhh... Disaster averted. I forgot to disconnect the green connectors. Whew... Now I need to talk to the dealership out of towing the car. Thanks Tiger for the quick response!

• 4 weeks later...

There are subaru meets, I used to go the awd pirate meets, but there was no legacy's that went, it was all imprezas and a couple evos, a few celica all-tracs. We need to get the legacy brethren together and roll.

I am going to get my pics up I pray this weekend of my ps2 screen, deck setup. It turned out really nice, I actually just relocated the trip computer last weekend, I'm down with how things turned out. I also got a borla cat back and an sti strut bar on my ride, plus my 10" type r sub and 1000w hiphonics amp.

Archived