LegacyGT.com

here is my ps3

Evilleg

Why not? Money is relative. Again, If you go back to my "God" most, it's a figment and means something only because man says it does. What seems like a waste of money to you is not to someone else. You' spent $30K on a car didn't you (and I)? In many circles, that is laughed and scoffed at as well. Material items' values are not in the price tag alone but their price tag vs. the joy, happiness, return, longevity, etc. they bring. Don't hate on the PS3 buyer.

Besides, if you break down the components (according to several sites), sony is taking something like a $250 loss on these things. In that respect only, It's a bargain. And the best games are yet to come.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

I was watching eBay auctions close on PS3s just for kicks. I mean they are closing one every single minute!

Saw some 20G boxes selling for upwards of $1200. Some 60G w/3 games were going north of $1,500 frequently.

Looks like the market was cooling off a bit. Every one that had an opening bid over $1,900 bucks was ending without a single bid. I'm sure those guys will just re-do it with a lower opening bid.

its all still nuts. they will probably be selling PS3 20G for $399 (X360 pricing) within 3 months.

I geuss I missed the boat on this one. I have NO interest in the PS3. My 2 PS2's are just fine. Cant justify the investment. Shoot I went STGII for less then 1500.00. A much better investment IMHO.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

Stupid.

However, it is funny how Vimy must put a spin on it...even something as stupid as this video...

It's interesting what you consider to be spin. Someone made the comment that " (the value of) money is relative." I put it into a concrete valuation and you call it spin. You do that a lot I've noticed. Here you have silly buggers waiting in line for a game for which they will grossly overpay hoping to unproductively waste hundreds of hours. It is the height of decadence by definition.

Hey, its a free society so they can go nuts. I love video games but I won't have one in the house now because I'll just waste my days on it (I wore out several PS v1 controllers). But one thing is for sure, money is not relative or at least not the unit of value it is supposed to represent. That said, do you now what the US dollar symbol actually symbolizes? I learned it from reading Ayn Rand.

It's interesting what you consider to be spin. Someone made the comment that " (the value of) money is relative." I put it into a concrete valuation and you call it spin. You do that a lot I've noticed. Here you have silly buggers waiting in line for a game for which they will grossly overpay hoping to unproductively waste hundreds of hours. It is the height of decadence by definition.

Hey, its a free society so they can go nuts. I love video games but I won't have one in the house now because I'll just waste my days on it (I wore out several PS v1 controllers). But one thing is for sure, money is not relative or at least not the unit of value it is supposed to represent. That said, do you now what the US dollar symbol actually symbolizes? I learned it from reading Ayn Rand.

Try Thousands:(

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

LOL :lol:

Money? Value concrete? How you figure? Again, I say it's just friggin paper with a conceptual value reinforced by modern day society. Let's put this into proper perspective - take a couple of extremes:

• If Bill is worth $50B one day, MS stock is down and he's "only" worth $40B the next, does he really give a crap? Is he suddenly broke having "lost" the equivalent of $10B? Is his lifestyle affected in the slightest? I don't think so.

• If an $8/hour, 50 year old fast-food worker working 2 jobs, supporting 3 kids, paying $500/mo rent, suddenly loses his $1500 life savings and one of his jobs, plus gets evicted, do you think his lifestyle might take a hit and may be slightly ticked off?

Hmm....the value of money is concrete you say??? Not so my friend. Perhaps in your world where you have the same income rate month after month, year after year, your kid's tuition is the same (or at least these things rise steadily), milk, entertainment, blaa blaa... Not in other folks. It is relative. One man can burn it, another lust for it, and yet another laugh about it. Yet, all 3 can live or die by it. In reality, the US dollar symbolizes nothing more then what each believes it does, what another soul is willing to give you for it, and what you're willing to part with it for.

Now back to the PS3 comments. Again buddy, what you consider "wasting time" is relative. For you, perhaps you're right if you have other interests. You can't say that for everyone else. For some folks it may be utter joy in entertainment - get their endorphins on, stress relief, male bonding, whatever. For others, maybe they belong to the CPL and make their living doing this. Yet others don't give a crap at all about the PS3 or other video games and that's fine too. Maybe some of those folks that buy it for entertainment do so with reasonable intents and don't neglect family and other resonsibility - just makes them happy at times. To them, it's money well spent. My point is that it's not a waste for some though you may scoff at that idea.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

^ As I said, its a free country. Knock yourself out. However, video gaming is the height of decadence and that decadence has led to some stupid extremes of behavior in the last few days for something with a retail value that could feed and shelter a third worlder for more than a year.

Archived