LegacyGT.com

2007 altima

http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtests/11862/2007-nissan-altima-35se.html

270-hp V-6 and six-speed manual

0 to 60 at 5.9 seconds

5-60 at 6.2 seconds

14.6 seconds at 99 mph

That trap speed is impressive and so is the 5-60 time. Watch out for one if you don't launch from a stop, hehe.

http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtests/11862/2007-nissan-altima-35se.html

270-hp V-6 and six-speed manual

0 to 60 at 5.9 seconds

5-60 at 6.2 seconds

14.6 seconds at 99 mph

That trap speed is impressive and so is the 5-60 time. Watch out for one if you don't launch from a stop, hehe.

0-60 bragging rights is a losing game. Even the grandpa-appliance Toyota Avalon is right there in sub-6-second territory. Woe to those who paid big bucks just a generation ago for "supercars" like S4's and M3's.

Trap speed for all of these family cars are getting scary. Near 100 mph traps for a midsize sedan? Ack!

The 5-60 time and trap speed shows that without the AWD launch, our LGT is gonna be hurting. Hmm, any bets when the LGT is going to get a HP boost? Amazing that 243HP is near the bottom of the class nowadays.

Would rather give up a little HP (especially when it is so easy to get more of it) for AWD, but still...

now if only the altima came in AWD :icon_mrgr

That would probably hurt G35 sales. Nissan wouldn't do that.

But it makes you wonder what the market for the Maxima is.

It's truly a great time for car enthusiasts. Even plain-jane Camrys and Accords are supremely competent, very quick cars.

It's good that we are multiple franchise dealer so we will see how Altima stacks up against 6sp Accord and my LGT.

For now I only drove 4cyl Altima- didn't like interior and steering was too light, push button start with proximity sensor was cool thou.

Most certainly, but it would be nice if the LGT stock could be super-hella quicker to 60 than the typical FWD competition, and also be a touch faster in trap speed/roll-on acceleration. Basically quiet the "AWD launch only reason faster" critics.

Would mean roughly another 30HP or so from the factory.

Totally agree about the Maxima....I would assume they will bump the Maxima to 290-295hp.

Now if Nissan made the Maxima RWD........;)

Now that they have nutured the maxima with a CVT, its more like a comeditor to the avalon nowadays

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I dont understand how anyone could compare an Altima or any other FWD car to a SUBARU:icon_conf . The cars are totally different. Subaru AWD and construction are FAR superior to any other challengers. EVEN Audi. Yes I said it. To explain, how many 20 year old Audi's do you see on the road? Not many, but Subarus on the other hand run and run and run. To add, the Legacy is not a sports car by design, but does really well when driven hard. Others Cannot say that Camery Altima/ Maxima, Accord or Avalon, Cadillac. Just because they can lauch them selves in a straight line does not mean they can take a turn or manuver in the snow or ice. A Subaru is special because of the AWD and how long they last. A 15 year old Subaru flying through the snow is NOT uncommon.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

I dont understand how anyone could compare an Altima or any other FWD car to a SUBARU

It can be compared, but it depends on what you are comparing it to.

I belive for a family hauler the Accord, camry, altima, maxima is a better car. It has more trunk space, better fuel economy, a quieter ride, a more refined ride. The overall amenities packages in these cars are much better for the same price range.

This is my own personal experience I have owned 2 accords myself. My best friends have Accords, Maximas, Camrys, Altimas. Im impressed with how they hit thier target and are built as a good family haulers.

The subaru legacy on the other hand lacks some of the amenities but more than makes up for it in driver dynamics, chasis, and engine design. Throw it into some twisties, nail the throttle, it will give you a smile every time. AWD traction grips and goes. No torque steer. Powering out past the apex it just grips and grips and grips.

The engine and chasis also has some really great upgrade paths from mild to wild. A stage II setup for this car can be had for less than 1 grand, which if you are good will put the car into the high 12's. The engine can be boosted even further with the availablility of rotated mount Garrett GT turbo kits... ect. The point is that with the subaru legacy you arent stuck within a few horsepower of what you bought the car with. You can make the car a 500 horsepower beast if you REALLY wanted to.

The chasis benifits from a relatively even weight distribution 56/44 compared to the grossly front heavy sedans afformentioned above. It provides good feedback to the driver.

Additionally the upgrade path is phenominal as well. Pretty much anybody can go out and buy the exact same DMS setup and off the shelf parts as the grand am LGT that wipes modded RX8's off the track.

Most certainly, but it would be nice if the LGT stock could be super-hella quicker to 60 than the typical FWD competition, and also be a touch faster in trap speed/roll-on acceleration. Basically quiet the "AWD launch only reason faster" critics.

Would mean roughly another 30HP or so from the factory.

I know what you are saying. Its true that if a stock LGT gets caught in a little stoplight battle with a friggen camry or minivan and doesnt launch or just gently gets in gear and rolls, we will get toasted. Also high-speed, say above 90mph accel could be better.

BUT The real issue isnt that we need a 6k clutch-frying launch to get a good 0-60 or 5-60, we just need to be in boost, if im at 2k rpms and put the pedal down, next to an altima at the same speed/rpm, the altima wins. That said if launched aggressively enough to be in the boost (3-3.5k)or if rolling in the 3k rpm range I think that so-so LGT 5-60 time goes out the window. You may not pull the LGT MT best of a super low 5 sec rip to 60, but it would certainly be a mid-high 5 sec.

I would argue that most LGTers on this board, especially if lined up next to a sporty car tend to pay some attention to getting out of the gate with some gusto, just in case ;)

But the LGT does need more factory power, or factory supported upgrades. The new Altima is very nice and prob a great car, but its just too bad about the FWD, if it was RWD it would be amazing.

I belive for a family hauler the Accord, camry, altima, maxima is a better car. It has ... a quieter ride, a more refined ride.

i really don't understand this. the lgt (stock) is as quiet (or quieter) than any of these. have you heard a 3.5se exhaust? and the honda and nissan forums are chock full of rattle posts.....guess i'm missing something.

Archived