LegacyGT.com

2007 altima

It can be compared, but it depends on what you are comparing it to.

I belive for a family hauler the Accord, camry, altima, maxima is a better car. It has more trunk space, better fuel economy, a quieter ride, a more refined ride. The overall amenities packages in these cars are much better for the same price range.

This is my own personal experience I have owned 2 accords myself. My best friends have Accords, Maximas, Camrys, Altimas. Im impressed with how they hit thier target and are built as a good family haulers.

The subaru legacy on the other hand lacks some of the amenities but more than makes up for it in driver dynamics, chasis, and engine design. Throw it into some twisties, nail the throttle, it will give you a smile every time. AWD traction grips and goes. No torque steer. Powering out past the apex it just grips and grips and grips.

The engine and chasis also has some really great upgrade paths from mild to wild. A stage II setup for this car can be had for less than 1 grand, which if you are good will put the car into the high 12's. The engine can be boosted even further with the availablility of rotated mount Garrett GT turbo kits... ect. The point is that with the subaru legacy you arent stuck within a few horsepower of what you bought the car with. You can make the car a 500 horsepower beast if you REALLY wanted to.

The chasis benifits from a relatively even weight distribution 56/44 compared to the grossly front heavy sedans afformentioned above. It provides good feedback to the driver.

Additionally the upgrade path is phenominal as well. Pretty much anybody can go out and buy the exact same DMS setup and off the shelf parts as the grand am LGT that wipes modded RX8's off the track.

Roby the Legacy Sedan is not a family hauler. I think many people are missing the point of why you have a Subaru. It is reliable and will get you though the snow and Ice. It's an all weather vehicle. They have never been nice cars to look at (until recently) nor have they ever been sports cars, rally cars, but not sport cars.

I have a new Camry. Its a mom car, even the V6. To add, I sold a newer Altima for the Legacy, and its is not a sports car or family hauler, more like rental commuter.

In the past, I had 2 accords and they are by no means Luxury Sport Sedans. In addition, while growing up we had Luxury family haulers ie Mercedes/ BMW's, and none of the pervious compare.

Lastly, few common autos can keep up with my StgII LGT in the mountains or in the rain, but on a road trip I would perfer the Camry all day long.......if I'm not driving and its not raining or snowing :lol:

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

Archived