LegacyGT.com

Legacy brakes suck a#@

sic GT

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear ya, some of the guys from NNJR came down for the Prosolo in DC this year as well as some other larger events. A good bunch of guys.

Back on topic, the brakes on the GT are in fact very good, but I can understand coming from a panic stop point of view vs. my track experience with the car is that the driver has to know how to and make adjustments to knowing how to apply brake pressure to the brakes. Not all cars drive or feel the same (if it did, we could of bought ANY other car instead and there wouldnt be a need for mods).

I kept telling people: learn the car, eventually, you'll make it work for you. Dont be suprised of what the car does, learn it and know it.

Keefe

heh, compare that to the weight of each car and the price of each car.. I think it's proportional dont you think?

then we can say that the 3ft of safety vs the slop in the brake pedal is tolerable ;)

reading > Keefe. The Spec B beat the AMG by 3ft

I meant by the spongy feel is tolerable when you see that the Spec B stops 3 ft shorter..

the other notion is that the AMG SHOULD have stopped shorter when you look at the price vs weight of each car.. the AMG is heavier, but so as it's price.. so Im just saying that portion of the comparison is proportionate, I dont think the AMG SHOULD have shorter stopping distance unless the car was lighter than the Spec B (there's way much more ammentities on the AMG).. my comparison was about where is the money spent on the AMG compared to the Spec B.... the better buy is the Spec B when it comes to stopping a shorter distance

Keefe

Archived