LegacyGT.com

Legacy STI only as a wagon - would you buy one?

Would you buy Legacy STI if it came only as a wagon!  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy Legacy STI if it came only as a wagon!

• Absolutely!!!
    • No way. Wagons are gettho and I need to care of my image.

Say, SOA would do something "crazy" and introduced Legacy STI as a wagon only.

Assume: 6mt, 300hp (Impreza STI engine), real SpecB Bilsteins on Pinks, Brembos, upgraded exhaust, perhaps DCCD, some unique STI trim touches.

Would you buy one even as a sedan shopper?

Would I? Yes

Is SOA going to release a wagon only STi ever? Nope

Even though you think there is a demand for manual wagons based off of a message board filled with enthusiasts, the sales numbers showed SOA that they would lose money if they continued making 5MT LGT wagons.

Did SOA actually lose money, or was it just less of a profit? How many 5MT GT wagons did they actually sell? How many are still sitting out there that we haven't snatched up? We know they couldn't have lost money on marketing(or the complete lack thereof), and what little extra printing in a brochure they were already putting out couldn't have set them back all that much, either. IMO, their only loss MIGHT be if they had to emissions certify the GT wagon 5MT by ITSELF, which I doubt.

I would be in an STi Legacy Wagon the day ordering was opened. Subi beancounters FTMFL!!!!

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

I don't doubt that there could be 80-100 people on this site who would buy an STi wagon.

That unfortunately is not enough of a market to convince SOA to do it :(

What? If they decided to make 500 SpecBs, why not 500 Legacy STI wagons???! If, say 100 people on this board would buy it (which I think is very conservative estimate, I'd guess 200-250), l think there would be enough customers for the rest - not all Subaru enthusiast are here.

Asking people if they would only buy the Sti if it came as a wagon. First off, I think a large group of buyers would not even be current legacy owners, and therefore the wagon issue would be moot.

I am not running a poll thru entire US populaiton, for God's sake. I am asking enthusiasts here.

Your intention I assume is to show SOA that if they are considering bringing the sti as a sedan only, the same people would buy it if it was only offered as a wagon. However there are other choices in wagon form if that were the case, esp. since the price would have to be about 40K and up.

How relevant that is? Not many choices anyway. 335i wagon is still not here and for sure it would much more expensive (similarily equiped).

your response choices are problematic as well since we know subaru would never offer it only as a wagon, and will most likely not even offer it as a wagon in the first place.

Geeeez, it was indented as a theoretical question. Sometimes to do something interesting one, including car manufactures, need to do something out of the box.

For this to be helpful, you would need more than a yes or no response choice.

I really don't follow your logic. My intention was specifically as stated. Nothing less nothing more. There is an STI Legacy as wagon only. Would you consider it even if you would not normally shop for a wagon (because it is an STI) or - no way, because you won't drive wagons, regardless of performance and features. SIMPLE.

Compared to what is available in the new car market, 300hp is absolutely nothing to get excited about anymore, 2-3 years ago I would have jumped at it the chance to own one.

I would get off the potty and trade in my 27 month old LGT for an STI Legacy with 350hp-375hp sedan or wagon.

Compared to what is available in the new car market, 300hp is absolutely nothing to get excited about anymore, 2-3 years ago I would have jumped at it the chance to own one.

I would get off the potty and trade in my 27 month old LGT for an STI Legacy with 350hp-375hp sedan or wagon.

You have a point. Stage II takes LGT past 300hp on the crank (I assume).

I wonder though how much they can squeeze out of the trusty EJ25... there is a rumor that 2nd gen Impreza STI will have 330hp. I guess still not that much...

I would love to fantasize about it, but it would be at least $50K Canadian, and therefore out of my price range.

Taking my current wagon and modding it up to much higher performance levels over time works better for me.

I would love to fantasize about it, but it would be at least $50K Canadian, and therefore out of my price range.

Taking my current wagon and modding it up to much higher performance levels over time works better for me.

Lest we also forget the insurance hike due to the STI branding.

I wouldn't buy another wagon in this same class (as the GT wagon) for several personal reasons. Performance, uniqueness, to name 2.

I completely agree, even in reguler version, the GT wagon is hard to beat.

Do I want a slow-ass A4 wagon, or a V50/ V70 wagon? No thanks.

Even the AWD V6 Magnum isn't an consideration... as much as my friend Phil tries to tell me (who owns one, and I'm sure is good enough for him)...

I wouldn't buy another wagon in this same class (as the GT wagon) for several personal reasons. Performance, uniqueness, to name 2.

I completely agree, even in reguler version, the GT wagon is hard to beat.

Do I want a slow-ass A4 wagon, or a V50/ V70 wagon? No thanks.

Even the AWD V6 Magnum isn't an consideration... as much as my friend Phil tries to tell me (who owns one, and I'm sure is good enough for him)...

I concur:icon_wink

Click

Here everyday:redface:

Sorry to bust balls but I think this would really thread would really apply to sedan drivers more then wagon drivers. We all know that you wagon drivers would buy one but how many sedan drivers would convert would really answer the question and it may be a good thing to show SOA.

Also there should be a maybe option in the poll. Me I am personally undecided on the matter, there would need to be a few things that I would need to know before making a descison. I would also like to say that some of you guys have some sweet wagons, but they are not really my thing. Now on to what would be my deciding factors.

First is power weight and 0-60 times, it would have to be substantially better then the GT sedan. Another thing that would be a deciding factor for some is will they bring back the manual GT wagon or will this be the only way to get an MT wagon. Last but not least would have to be styling, the Legacy wagon is kind of bland from the factory in my opinion, and i am not really into body kits so this is kind of a big deal to me. On a note on style it would have to look more agressive, but not too ricey, if it took a lot of styling from the WRX STi it would probably loose it's upscale look.

I am an AT sedan guy and would probably not go for an STi wagon for a few reasons, but there is a maybe there.

Archived