LegacyGT.com

Heated rear seats, anybody interested?

whitetiger

Who wants aftermarket heated rear seats?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants aftermarket heated rear seats?

• No, im the only one who sits in my car.
    • Yeah, that would be nice for the people i drive around and it make my car that much more luxo'

Who would be interested in heated rear seats? I may be possible to have a setup made for our cars and if enough people want it, we could get it. How much would you guy pay for somthing like this. youd hav to remove and reinstall the rear seat covers which is pretty easy and then all youd have to do is wireing and figure out where to mount the switches. the heating pads would be custom sized for the rear seats and be for both butt and back. Anybody interested in this? i figure it would add alittle more luxury to the lgt especially for those who have family(kids) who sit in the back. Discuss.....

I would be interested but not sure how much it is worth to me...but where are you getting the parts made? I need to look into replacing the drivers side heater on my wifes A4, maybe I can get it cheaper through your source through the dealer if they make replacemetns for OEM.

Last time I was in seattle, my sister works for barier moters, I got to sit in one of the mercedes that had cooled seats and when you flip it on, you hear a couple fans kick on from under the seat. So I asked and they took me to the shop and showed me it and low and behold, it was 3 high quality low vibration and low db fans mounted to the seet frame and pointed up the seet.

So, I bet this would be an extreamly easy mod. go to a custom computer shop (e.g. - frys) and get some of the good quality ball berring fans and just figure a good way to mount them and add a switch somewhere.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Last time I was in seattle, my sister works for barier moters, I got to sit in one of the mercedes that had cooled seats and when you flip it on, you hear a couple fans kick on from under the seat. So I asked and they took me to the shop and showed me it and low and behold, it was 3 high quality low vibration and low db fans mounted to the seet frame and pointed up the seet.

So, I bet this would be an extreamly easy mod. go to a custom computer shop (e.g. - frys) and get some of the good quality ball berring fans and just figure a good way to mount them and add a switch somewhere.

Its more then that. the fans are blowing in to special electro-cooling elements which are at the open of special ducting inside the seat cushion. There is alot more to it than just fans.

That is all that I saw. I didn't see any ducting. I forgot to get the model that they were working on, but they said that it was the OEM one. Nor did I see an elment. They had to take the seet out of a customers car because of a blemesh in the carpeting, so I saw the entire thing. But if I just missed it, then my bad.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

well, im comparing it to other brands wherei personally service the cooled seat systems and you have to have more than a fan blowing at 3" of foam to cool the seat down. the ones that i worked on(lincoln LS, navigator, and aviator) had a special foam duct with air passages in it with and inlet for a fan and the cooling element. very elaborate systems as compared to the heating systems which can be just electric heating pads. anyways back on topic.

is there a legitimate desire for heated rear seats?

it would prolly be under 400 for parts to do both independant sides of the back seat. here look- http://www.duettomotors.com/general/gen_seatheaters.htm

I know this guy personally and if we had enough people, im sure we could get somthing like a group buy going.

Two triple seat heaters (SH14) = roughly $350 shipped, from that site. Group buy would have to be less than $275 before I would be interested.

Plus, this is more of a creature comfort for guests than for my driving pleasure so the interest might not be there.

I might be interested, however I think your price is a little high.

I installed these on my focus:

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GN2004/GNINT/Heated+Seat+Kits.html

And although I haven't measured the elements to see if they fit, their price is 100 per seat. and I had no problem with them in my car.

I havent even discussed this with my source in full yet. we were trying to think of things that legacy people would be interested in and when he said he sold custom heated seats, i thought that us lgt peeps would be interested in a set for the rear seats. I dont even plan to talk with my source further unless people show some serious interest, hence this feeler thread. Im hoping more people would respnd to this thread so i could get an idea of if its really wanted or not. hindsight being 20/20, i shoulda made this a poll.

I havent even discussed this with my source in full yet. we were trying to think of things that legacy people would be interested in and when he said he sold custom heated seats, i thought that us lgt peeps would be interested in a set for the rear seats. I dont even plan to talk with my source further unless people show some serious interest, hence this feeler thread. Im hoping more people would respnd to this thread so i could get an idea of if its really wanted or not. hindsight being 20/20, i shoulda made this a poll.

I think that there is a mild interest but it will not be as high as performance parts. Bum warmers are a creature comfort and will not make you go any faster...your car go faster, that is.

Build it with a good price and they will come. Hint: you will have to give a good ballpark price first and then see the response.

Archived