LegacyGT.com

Recommended tire pressure gauge?

FrescoGT

Anyone find/use a reliable tire gauge for checking tire pressure? T I was thinking of getting one from Griots Garage for $19.99.. The ones I currently use aren't the greatest and I find that they don't accurately check the right pressure for my LGT tires.

or at least I think so.... b/c I went to check the pressure on my COLD tires the other day and the readings were 25/23 for F/R respectively. now the recommended door jam sticker says 35/33 (F/R) and either because of the TPMS valve stems it's reading 10 psi lower than it should or my gauge is indeed wrong. I just think its coincidence because the tires were reading exactly 10psi lower all around, no variations!

i then pulled out two more different gauges and THEY read closer to 35/33... so in short,

recommend me something that will read accurately! :lol:

I have a Neotech that was one of the first consumer digitals on the market (that I was aware of)...still works. The POS give-away pencil guage from a local radio station was dead on with the digital...go figure.
It is still ugly.

I just got the Campbell-Hausfield key chain model from Walmart (BTW I HATE WALMART, but where else you gonna go at 1am?) and I like it so far. Its compact and I always know where it is, UNLESS I am using my spare set cause my room ate the regular ones.

I have one of these Victor 4x4 75 psi gauges in each car. I feel that they are very accurate gauges, and have worked well for me for years.

They are about $13, and sold everywhere (Wal-Mart, Murray's, etc)

8297210_VictorTireGauge.thumb.jpg.d1e4f167f74f0f8406277638c5717dff.jpg

Ron

+1 for dial guages, way more accurate over time compared to pencil type guages. Mine is from Central Pneumatics reads from 0-60 p.s.i. in 1 lb. increments. Had it so long I forgot the cost, compared to a newer one in my friend's machine shop it still reads the same.

I've got a 60-psi Accu-Gage [ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006O2S3M/ref=pd_sl_aw_alx-jeb-9-1_automotive_25270225_1?tag2=amd-google-20]like this[/ame]. It works great. I don't remember where I bought mine years ago.

• 3 years later...

BUMP.

Anyone have this one?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Joes-Racing-32307-0-60psi-Pressure/dp/B000VZ9CL2/ref=sr_1_11?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1286907768&sr=1-11]Amazon.com: Joe's Racing 32307 Glow In The Dark 0-60psi Tire Pressure Guage: Automotive[/ame]

or this?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Longacre-Liquid-Filled-Deluxe-Gauge/dp/B000VB43LA/ref=sr_1_12?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1286908639&sr=1-12]Amazon.com: Longacre Liquid Filled Deluxe Tire Gauge 0-60 psi: Automotive[/ame]

Or recommend any others?

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

I really like the Psiclops Extreme.

It's less than $40, and allows you to do two tires at once. Backlit for night time use, easy clip-on chucks. :)

That's the one I keep in the garage, next to the compressor, but I also have a cheapo standard gauge that I keep in the cars, just in case.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Lol, I'm not looking for a compressor (yet), I have a good tire shop just a couple blocks away from me to add tire pressure for free. I just need a good, accurate and reliable PSI gauge to keep in my car and check my tires once a week.

I'm kinda leaning towards the Longacre brand but not sure whether to go with the liquid-filled gauge or just the regular tire gauge. Thoughts?

http://www.longacreracing.com/catalog/item.asp?id=1118&catid=8

http://www.longacreracing.com/catalog/item.asp?id=222&catid=8

^ :) I don't have a full-sized compressor (next house/garage ;)), just one of those 2-gallon jobbies for adjusting tire pressures when we switch between seasons, that's all.

Wish I could give you some guidance on those other gauges, though. :redface:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ Trust me, bro, I feel your pain. :(

After having lived in apartments from the time I was 18 (college) until the time I turned 31 (first house), I know exactly your pain!

• 1 year later...
I know this is an old thread... But going to bump anyway. I'm looking for a good tire pressure gauge under $50. I don't care if it's digital or analog dial as long as its consistent and accurate.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

I know this is an old thread... But going to bump anyway. I'm looking for a good tire pressure gauge under $50. I don't care if it's digital or analog dial as long as its consistent and accurate.

I ended up with the [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VB43LA/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details]Longacre liquid-filled deluxe[/ame] gauge. It's consistent with my tire shop's digital gauge to ~1 PSI the last time I filled up my tires.

i use an accugage, 0-60 psi with 90 degree angle fitting. i've tested it against several race tire vendors gauges at the track and it's spot-on. also has a bleeder valve, which is convenient. whatever you get, take care of the gauge so it stays accurate and consistent. don't drop it on the ground or throw it in a toolbox with a bunch of other stuff.

I was looking at LongAcre, but they don't spec the accuracy. I noticed that Intercomp doesn't either. I was then drawn to Morosco ($40 60lb speced within 2%) or Joes Racing (price)

I plan on keeping it inside in a case. If it doesn't come with one I'll have to get one. I have some pencil gauges in each car now, but am considering grabbing a couple l of cheap digital ones to keep in the glove box. This good gauge will stay home to be used once a month or so.

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

i use an accugage, 0-60 psi with 90 degree angle fitting. i've tested it against several race tire vendors gauges at the track and it's spot-on. also has a bleeder valve, which is convenient. whatever you get, take care of the gauge so it stays accurate and consistent. don't drop it on the ground or throw it in a toolbox with a bunch of other stuff.

$20 is certainly a nicer price point. Anyone knows how they compare to the $40 gauges?

had another thought. a while back, i was at the track with a few friends and had some time between sessions. we had 7 tire pressure gauges between us (digital, dial and stick), so i tested them all on the same wheel. there was a 5 psi range between the 7 gauges.

Archived