LegacyGT.com

Getting sick of waiting for Subaru...

OK My dream car is a Legacy STi Wagon, 6mt, Turbo 4 or 6.

Subaru not only isn't anteing up but also seems to be headed the opposite direction.

I have been saving money to buy SOMETHING new to replace my aging 1997 Impreza "L" Wagon, and now have enough to buy a Spec-B cash.

But the Spec-B isn't what I want.

So, I have just continued piling money into the account until I can afford something else.

What else IS there? (req: Turbo, powerful, wagon, awd, safe, manual transmission). Volvo? Audi? VW? Those are the only three that spring to mind that can be configured for what I want.

Any help would be appreciated. If Subaru doesn't offer what I want by the time I can afford one of the competition, I'll leave Subaru and pull the trigger.

What else should I be shopping for?

-Allen

S4 Avant.

S6 Avant

BMW 335xi Touring. (yeah... sure they'll do that...)

R-class mercedes, Magnum SRT, others don't offer manual

S-R series Volvos

Saab SportCombi 93 or 95.

See if Jaguar or anyone else comes out with anything.

Good luck. It is frustrating for someone who knows what they want.

Buy regular 05 LGT MT wagon.

Don't forget to send a letter to SOA to complain about their stupidity and market ignorance.

Seriously. With the excess $$$ you'll have a very impressive mod fund. You'll smoke all the cars listed above.

Volvo V70 R

Starting at $40,940 MSRP

* Horsepower 300 @ 5,500 RPM; Torque 295 @ 1,950-5,250 RPM

* High Pressure Turbocharged 5-Cylinder, 2.5-Liter Engine

* 6-Speed Manual Transmission

* Electronically Controlled All Wheel Drive

* Driver and Front Passenger Supplemental Restraint System - Dual-Threshold Air Bags

* Side Impact Air Bags for Driver and Front Passenger

* Inflatable Side Curtains (IC)

* Whiplash Protection Seating System (WHIPS)

* Dynamic Stability and Traction Control (DSTC)

* Four-C Electronically Controlled Chassis with Three Driver Selected Settings

i'm trying to think of some powerful, manual turbo awd wagons that are unsafe, but my mind is drawing a blank

or maybe you meant a wagon that is equipped with a safe?

Impreza WRX wagon driven by 22 yo frat boy?

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Thank you all for your suggestions!

I am someone too car dumb to mod, I need to buy it "pre-modded" if you will because I have zero comfort level screwing around with my engine etc, so the "buy a used 05 MT Wagon and mod" suggestion is excellent for most people, but not for me.

That Volvo v70 is very spicy +D

I like the Audi Avants also.

Thanks for the tips! The account keeps growing, I would really prefer to spend the money on the (better value in my mind) Subaru, but ... what can I do?

Thanks again!

-Allen

Wow I think I'm in love with the Volvo =D It's F'n expensive but at least I'd be getting what I wanted!!

Now to just save up the 15k difference. That'll take me at least a year, so hopefully Subaru offers me something (*HELLO?! Subaru?! Factory order only GT Wagon w/ MT?? HELLO?!) before that time comes up and I have money left over =D

2007 VOLVO V70 R

TOTAL(MSRP) $45,410

BASE PRICE

$40,940

Styling

$475

Exterior

Sonic Blue Metallic

$475

17" x 8" Pegasus Alloy Wheels with 235/45/ZR17 Tires

N/C

Interior

Nordkap Black/ Blue "R" Full Soft Metallic Leather Multi-Contoured Sport Seating Surfaces

N/C

Options

$3,300

Premium Package

$2,400

* Power Glass Moonroof

* HU-850 Audio System with In-Dash 6-CD Changer, AM/FM Stereo, Dolby Pro-Logic II® Surround Sound, 4x75-Watt Amplifier and 25-Watt Center Speaker, 11 Speakers

Climate Package

$600

* Heated Front Seats

* Rainsensor

Subwoofer

$300

Accessories

N/C

Features

* Horsepower 300 @ 5,500 RPM; Torque 295 @ 1,950-5,250 RPM

* High Pressure Turbocharged 5-Cylinder, 2.5-Liter Engine

* 6-Speed Manual Transmission

* Electronically Controlled All Wheel Drive

* Driver and Front Passenger Supplemental Restraint System - Dual-Threshold Air Bags

* Side Impact Air Bags for Driver and Front Passenger

* Inflatable Side Curtains (IC)

* Whiplash Protection Seating System (WHIPS)

* Four-C Electronically Controlled Chassis with Three Driver Selected Settings

* Brembo 4-Piston Aluminum Brake Calipers, Front and Rear

* Bi-Xenon High and Low Beam Headlamps

* Power-Adjustable Driver Seat, 8-Way with 3-Position Memory and Lumbar Support

* Power Adjustable Passenger Seat, 8-Way with Lumbar Support

* "R" Full Soft Leather Multi-Contoured Sport Seats

* "R" Blue Instrument Gauges with Watch-Dial Bezels

* 17" Alloy Wheels

Warranty

* 4 Years or 50,000 miles, whichever occurs first

Roadside Assistance

* Volvo On Call Roadside Assistance

* 4 Years

DESTINATION FEE

$695

Actually I have contacted Subaru directly. They are completely unwilling to even entertain such a thing.

Actually, humorously, the reply said "it sounds like the WRX Limited Wagon is what you want, that comes in Manual". . . .

My reply of course was that they weren't listening to me. Great way to meet your sales goal of 250k cars or whatever Subaru :rollseyes:

-Allen

Wow I think I'm in love with the Volvo =D It's F'n expensive but at least I'd be getting what I wanted!!

Now to just save up the 15k difference.

I believe one member bought a V70R for something around $34k. He said these things are horribly marked up, so if you bargain for last year model you have lots of room.

If you buy Volvo, or something else, PLEASE DON"T FORGET to tell SOA idiots about it.

WRX wagon. What a f'ing rude retards.

• 3 weeks later...
If you haven't driven one yet, how can you be in love with it? The proof is in the driving. I find Volvos to be truck-like compared to an LGT. You may or may not agree after you drive them.

If you haven't driven one yet, how can you be in love with it? The proof is in the driving. I find Volvos to be truck-like compared to an LGT. You may or may not agree after you drive them.
I drove an new XC70 and was shocked at how ponderous it felt.

A friend of mine has the V70R, I'll wangle the keys from him soon. He told me it has twin turbos and I was hmmmm - on a 5 cylinder? Turns out it has twin intercoolers.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

The V70R just looks weird to me. There are moments when I'm like 'it's not so bad actually' but I always come back and no, it's not for me. It's got some good specs, I can't deny that though. Seems like it would be fun to drive, but I think it's just too Volvo for me.

The C30 looks pretty hot though if I were in the market for a 3 Door. If it came 5-door w/ turbo, even a 2.0T, and AWD for under 30k it would be a slam dunk.

Have you contacted SOA directly to see if they can custom build you what you want? I'd be pressing them like mad to do it. They want to sell you a car, you want to buy a Subaru... make it happen! :D

Your dealing with Subaru, one manufacturer so far out of touch it's funny. They will give him the same line they give everyone, "Thank you for your interest in Subaru, we will forward your comments on......" And then they'll release a B10 Tribeca six months later.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Archived