LegacyGT.com

Ford Mustang GT500

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Protuned stage II+ a few toys & you are right there

Just break out the check book and be prepared to write a check out for a couple of thousand dollars. Also, your warranty will be completely voided, so if you have any problems - be prepared to write out another big check for repairs. Also, don't forget, your Legacy would also be completely unable to pass an emissions inspection in California and New York, as well as any other state that has very strict vehicle inspection laws.

Just break out the check book and be prepared to write a check out for a couple of thousand dollars. Also, your warranty will be completely voided, so if you have any problems - be prepared to write out another big check for repairs. Also, don't forget, your Legacy would also be completely unable to pass an emissions inspection in California and New York, as well as any other state that has very strict vehicle inspection laws.

Basically, you can mod the shit out of any car and make it very quick. But, there are usually large trade offs to doing this like I listed above. Cars like the vette, GT500, GTO, etc etc are very fast out the showroom door - fully warrantied and certified to pass inspections and emission regulations in all 50 states.

Mine passes inspection in all states, and unless I personally do something stupid, the car is under warranty at my dealer. And I guarantee that a new GTO, GT500, or Vette will not keep up w/ me :D

Z06... Give me a little more modding time :lol:

Ted

:spin:

I have no other choice but to mod a car to make it enjoyable to me. See @ this point I have to have a wagon & there is really only one wagon stock that can keep up with me, a 06 E55 or 07 E63 & at 85-90k that is not going to happen;)
Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Mine passes inspection in all states, and unless I personally do something stupid, the car is under warranty at my dealer. And I guarantee that a new GTO, GT500, or Vette will not keep up w/ me :D

Ted

How does it pass OBDII testing when the sensor in the up-pipe is unhooked. Wouldn't the resistor mod just make the check engine light go away - according to the OBDII read out - wouldn't that senor read "not ready?" In NYC, that would fail your car.

The GT500 is supercharged right? This guy stopped by my local gas station as I was filling up in a red GT500. He opened the hood and I said "Wow, not much room left in there" smiling and he said, I kid you not, "Um well its pretty big, 500hp, turbo, its pretty fast". I almost died laughing (internally of course) because I could see the supercharger on top. He was so smug too :D I figured i'll just let him go on thinking it was turbo poor bastard.

Depending on price, I would rather get the new Supra, and watch tthe silly american cars pwned. Sweet.

The new Supra is going to get pwned...N/A V6 will get slapped around just like the 350Z. When they bring the V8 in a few years it'll be something. Too bad they took away the turbo.

Vette = best bang for your buck (new production vehicle)

The GT500 is a big fat pig that happens to have lots of power. It won't be long till people swap pullies/tuning.

I still prefer the 03/04 "Terminators"....between Mustangs of'course.

I'm an LS1 man.

B

So we play the "if I spent the money" modding game.

I am going to be resto-modding a mustang soon. '66. Plan on spending about 3k on the car and about 22k on upgrades. That puts us about the same price as a LGT.

At least in a straight line (since it would cost even more for a full on modern suspension) I am pretty sure that a 2500 lb. Mustang with a 300+ WHP engine is going to smoke an LGT and a lot of other current production cars and be 100% emission legal :-)

As much as I am upset about the execution of the GT500 (mostly because the Terminators are faster and were cheaper and now are definitely cheaper) it has some great heritage and will always be viewed as a cool car. Not only that but an iron block, built, pre-supercharged V8 is a pretty good starting point. The car is for drag racing and cruising. Any speed, any gear and I am sure that car will leap forward like a rocket.

Not quite sure where I was going there.

For the record, I love my LGT and plan on driving it for at least the next 10 years.

So we play the "if I spent the money" modding game.

I am going to be resto-modding a mustang soon. '66. Plan on spending about 3k on the car and about 22k on upgrades. That puts us about the same price as a LGT.

At least in a straight line (since it would cost even more for a full on modern suspension) I am pretty sure that a 2500 lb. Mustang with a 300+ WHP engine is going to smoke an LGT and a lot of other current production cars and be 100% emission legal :-)

As much as I am upset about the execution of the GT500 (mostly because the Terminators are faster and were cheaper and now are definitely cheaper) it has some great heritage and will always be viewed as a cool car. Not only that but an iron block, built, pre-supercharged V8 is a pretty good starting point. The car is for drag racing and cruising. Any speed, any gear and I am sure that car will leap forward like a rocket.

Not quite sure where I was going there.

For the record, I love my LGT and plan on driving it for at least the next 10 years.

Difference is that Ford still has a hit with it, even if the 03/04 are faster. Last I remember, when the 05 GT was hitting the lots, 03 Cobras were still sitting at dealerships being unsold. Now the GT500 is going everywhere with a premium and people are paying over MSRP and they are still flying off dealer lots.

How does it pass OBDII testing when the sensor in the up-pipe is unhooked. Wouldn't the resistor mod just make the check engine light go away - according to the OBDII read out - wouldn't that senor read "not ready?" In NYC, that would fail your car.

what if you have a catted up and down pipe? still not enough?

so stage 2 is def. not street legal??

Ted

How can this be, with the mods you have ?

Unless you mean that the warranty is intact on everything except your engine and drivetrain ?

And as potent as Stage 2 might be, the best we can hope for is 260 whp, which is not going to compete with the cars you mention above 60 mph.

id rather have this

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/VauxhallMonaroVXR500.jpg

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/VauxhallMonaroVXR500Rear.jpg

vxr500

Supercharged corvette v8

I think if Pontiac had named the monaro something else besides the Iconic GTO name, more people would have bought them.

Keep your eye out. Some GTO owners have created a similar setup. Swap the front bumper off, add the supercharger and peddars suspension and you have a vxr500. There are a bunch of supercharged GTOs running around.

They dyno more from 420-430 bone stock. ;)

07 GT500 just passed 1000 miles. 425rwhp/427rwtq

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6372/copyofshelbyscan1ra8.jpg

Same GT500 with just a tune on that same night.

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/8868/copyofshelbyscan7ds2.jpg

Those are some sweet numbers. What do 500hp C6 Z06's dyno at stock?

One thing that should be mentioned in this thread, is that Mustangs & Fast Fords brought in a drag-racing expert who ran a bone stock GT500 at the strip, and turned a bunch of 12.2 & 12.3 1/4 mile passes with 116-117mph traps. Not C6 Z06 territory, but we're talking about a hefty muscle car here. Something that's meant to be loud, primal and fun-to-drive in a straight line! :icon_cool

Chike (former '00 SVT Lightning owner)

Archived