LegacyGT.com

Ford Mustang GT500

Just how fast is this beast??

Do our cars even stand a chance?

0-60? 1/4mile? handling?

Do we have to go to like stage 10 to keep up?:confused:

hmm.. 0 -60 4.5

1/4 12.9...

is this car like super heavy or something? those don't seem to be impressive for 500hp..?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill send you a PM about a encounter I had with one....

Pretty darn fast, just cannot handle;)

Remember this...the car tips the scales @ just a hair under 4,000lb.

There also seems to be a little home cooking in the HP department again @ Ford. The engine is rated @ 500HP yet most dyno runs I have seen on a Mustang dyno read 390-400whp.....:rolleyes:

Here are a few #'s

0-60.........4.5 - 4.8

1/4 mile....12.7-13.2

Trap speeds vary from 109-114

All this from a car that actually costs more $ than a Vette, most dealers are getting a minimum 6-8k premium for these cars.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Depends, if its on stock tires on the skinny stock wheels and the driver isnt the best, stage 2 will keep up in the 1/4. Now, if the guy is running DRs and knows how to launch, you will need a turbo swap to even keep pace. Now if you go to a track that normally specializes in racing straight line from a roll, then you'll need to be packing some heat.

If someone spent the difference between the two cars on modding the Leggy, the Ford would be toast on the strip and on the track.

If I spend the difference between my 2.5i and a Bugatti Veyron on mods, I'm pretty sure I could beat the Veyron on the strip and in the twisties.

just wondering to you wagon owners...

doesn't the wagon have a higher center of gravity cuz of the wagon part than the sedans? If that's the case won't handling be compromised?

Also, do you mod wagons to build the ultimate sleeper?

cuz wagons are seen as sporty; and is that the image that you want?

something that's not considered to be sporty, but is sporty enough to beat sporty imaged cars??

That GT500 is one fast car, numbers don't always tell the story.Stage II LGT not even in the same ZIP code. 500 V8 Ponies and tourque! Common our cars are not even close, but $10,000 in mods will make a pain in it' a$$ no doubt.... :icon_mrgr

The difference between the 2.......

It takes less than that;)

I could be driving the Veyron & still lose to you @ the Scooby Challenge.....

Well duh, by the time you spool those monster turbos, you'd be on the brakes. ;)

just wondering to you wagon owners...

doesn't the wagon have a higher center of gravity cuz of the wagon part than the sedans? If that's the case won't handling be compromised?

Also, do you mod wagons to build the ultimate sleeper?

cuz wagons are seen as sporty; and is that the image that you want?

something that's not considered to be sporty, but is sporty enough to beat sporty imaged cars??

I'd definately love to have a wagon. It truly is an ultimate sleeper. I'd love to drive a wagon around a course too since they are more tail happy than the sedan counterpart.

The Dyno #'s between the 2 are actually pretty close

360-365 for the 05-06 GTO (Rated @ 400)

390-400 for the 07 GT500 (Rated @ 500)

And the GTO would be considered a lightweight!!!!

They dyno more from 420-430 bone stock. ;)

07 GT500 just passed 1000 miles. 425rwhp/427rwtq

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6372/copyofshelbyscan1ra8.jpg

Same GT500 with just a tune on that same night.

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/8868/copyofshelbyscan7ds2.jpg

I've seen a few newer ones putting down better #'s but the first run of cars were def. not packin 500CHP:(

Remember the old late 90's Cobra R....5.8l rated @ 380chp....It dynoed over 375 to the wheels

And tipped the scales @ ubder 3500lb

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I've seen a few newer ones putting down better #'s but the first run of cars were def. not packin 500CHP:(

Remember the old late 90's Cobra R....5.8l rated @ 380chp....It dynoed over 375 to the wheels

And tipped the scales @ ubder 3500lb

Yeah, but the suspension was absolute crap for handling. I still remember reading my 5.0 Mustang magazine when they did an article on the fox body, 94-04, and 05+ comparison. They had this funny little heading under the picture of the fox body saying that if you took one of those slow motion cameras, you could see the whole body flex under cornering. :lol:

id rather have this

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/VauxhallMonaroVXR500.jpg

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/VauxhallMonaroVXR500Rear.jpg

vxr500

Supercharged corvette v8

I think if Pontiac had named the monaro something else besides the Iconic GTO name, more people would have bought them.

Yeah i would much rather spend my money on a vet or the up and comming new camaro. The GT500 is a POS. My camaro could have walked one no prob and it wasent crazy modded and just an LS1. Now give me an LS7 and its a whole new ball game.

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

Archived