LegacyGT.com

Florida Roll Call, Please add your Screen Name

Magic

Hey everyone! I see Bird Road Subaru has an 05 GT sedan with only 37,115 miles on it. I'd love to get a turbo engine, but really like my wagon. Also, I saw the car in person. The driver's seat has heavy wear on the left side (it's leather) and the headlights have a little bit of fade going on. I did not get a chance to test drive it. Is owning a turbo worth it? And what's the deal with fading/fogging headlights? Is it from being in sunshine all the time? I am interested in everyone's opinions.... Thanks in advance

Yea I second the headlight thing and maintenance thing.

My headlights get a yellow haze to them too but with a headlight cleaning kit available anywhere they shine right up again. The yellow keeps coming back over time though. You got to do it once every 6 months maybe.

As far as the leather goes mine did the same thing in the same spot. It turns out there was something with the seat that became dislodged under the leather. Subaru replaced the leather and fixed the problem under warranty around the same mileage you stated.

As far as the maintenance. Stay stock stay happy. The turbo is lots of fun but if you plan on modding plan to spend alot of money. I am rebuilding my entire motor because of the well known cracked ringland on two pistons. $10k later I should be up and running soon :)

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yea I second the headlight thing and maintenance thing.

My headlights get a yellow haze to them too but with a headlight cleaning kit available anywhere they shine right up again. The yellow keeps coming back over time though. You got to do it once every 6 months maybe.

As far as the leather goes mine did the same thing in the same spot. It turns out there was something with the seat that became dislodged under the leather. Subaru replaced the leather and fixed the problem under warranty around the same mileage you stated.

As far as the maintenance. Stay stock stay happy. The turbo is lots of fun but if you plan on modding plan to spend alot of money. I am rebuilding my entire motor because of the well known cracked ringland on two pistons. $10k later I should be up and running soon :)

P.S. Check for low or burning oil. Floor the gas when you test drive it to see if it blows any smoke. The safer bet would be a leakdown test before you purchase.

I could have pawned off my car on an unsuspecting buyer since it drove perfectly but instead I decided to pay a crap ton and keep it.

I wouldn't worry about upgrades in the mild way (Stage I or II) many of us here are way over 100 k without problems . Cracked ringlands are mainly attributed to bad tunes (yes even in stock form) . Good tuners like Infamous do timing compensation and make the most power out of safe tunes. Good scheduled maintenance and regular oil changes are key to turbo longevity. I would ask for some service/oil change history if possible.

I appreciate all the feedback! I am thinking about trading in. I did the test drive, no smoke, quick response. I REALLY liked it! Trying to talk the other half into letting me make the trade. It was a trade in from one of their regular customers who has a few other subies. It has been maintained quite well and not used very much over the five years, that accounts for the low mileage. Everything looked good, I will have to ask about the driver's seat. I may possibly be looking at trading in next week, I hope. I probably would leave it stock, and I am strict on maintenance. If it needs to be done, it gets done!! Thanks to all for responses!! Merry Christmas!!

Hey waz up guys, My job Comcast is having a contest on who can give away the most showtime. I just wanted to announce if you live in Orange,lake county and have comcast cable, Were giving away free showtime for 3 months.. If your interested in free showtime for 3 months , hit me up at 407-353-8337 or call me at work to add to your account at 407-226-2004 ,ext 1502450 and ask for anthony only. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, names rigo. Live in Brandon, tampa area, Just moved out here from san diego, originally from orlando. Just wanna say whats up.

And also, asking, is anyone selling their stock lgt rims. I have an 09 legacy, had prodrives p1s. Ran over a mean pothole, bent two rims. Looking for a set of stockers if anyone is trying to let them go.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...