LegacyGT.com

Harman Motive at the track: vids!!

sleepin gt

Holy brake fade!! Did the car end up tagging that approaching row of tires or wall there in the distance? Great video.

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

OMFG!! Who'da thought a SZ49 could whoppass on a GT-35R EVO in a straight line. Did that guy have a passenger too?

I'm amazed that the brakes gave you no earlier hint of fading out. Just suddenly NO BRAKES!!!! Dan keeps saying, "Stop! Stop! Stop!" as his precious ride bounces over the washout dirt and shrubs.

Now I know what it means to truly drive your ride (translation - beat the crap out of it) at the track. I don't think I could ever treat my baby like that even with a set of R-comp tires.

OMFG!! Who'da thought a SZ49 could whoppass on a GT-35R EVO in a straight line. Did that guy have a passenger too?

I'm amazed that the brakes gave you no earlier hint of fading out. Just suddenly NO BRAKES!!!! Dan keeps saying, "Stop! Stop! Stop!" as his precious ride bounces over the washout dirt and shrubs.

Now I know what it means to truly drive your ride (translation - beat the crap out of it) at the track. I don't think I could ever treat my baby like that even with a set of R-comp tires.

Actually, I think the vid is old and was from when Dan was on the stock turbo. I think in the beginning of the vid it flashed up the mods on Dan's Evo and it says stock turbo and quotes the whp at 340, while the STi was quoted as having 380 whp, so that would explain why the STi pulls him on the straights.

The car was obviously fine as we've seen it since and it's looks gooooood:wub:

HAHAH yeah guys, thanks. That was prob a year ago. WHERE HAS ALL THE TIME GONE??

Just goes to show, meaning to get to the track doesnt mean SH1T.

Getting to the track is what its all about.

As for the Evo, yeah, stock turbo vs sz49. Dan was on 235's too.

The brakes were factory brembos... couldnt take the beating dan give brakes. They went from red to brown that event. The fluid boiled and his foot went to the floor. He was doin about 120 at the back of the strait.

They actually closed the track for a min after he went off... due to his fender liner being on fire in the middle of the field!!

Everything was fine though. No damage and now we all have stoptechs! (i went thru my brakes at that event as well).

More to come!

Well, first, you didn't specify if the STi driver was even on this board. Is there any point in giving feedback if the driver isn't here? If he is:

o Slow down on the straights and concentrate on hitting the apexes.

o You're pinching exits, and not even tracking out. It's slowing down the exit speeds and endangering yourself by fighting the car.

o You're driving on the center of the pavement. You paid for all of it when you registered for tracktime, so you might as well use it.

o Hop into a (good) instructor's car and go for a ride. Pick a car that has low HP.

o Stop looking in the mirrors and drive what's in front of you instead of worrying about the Evo. You're going into corners too hot and missing proper turnins.

Warren

• 1 month later...
HAHAH i just found this post and almost peed myself. i dont know who this guy thinks he is! Ryan def isnt the bestest of the best drivers, but last weekend he won the unlimited AWD class of a redline time attack. I know you may have plenty of track time, but we're definately not jokers. And no, hes not on this site :) HAHAHA

Archived