LegacyGT.com

Re960 A/s?

LawGT

Directional tread patterns always get loud as they wear and since rotating them doesn't allow the tread to wear in the opposite direction, like non-directional tread patterns, they will stay loud. It is the price that has to be paid for the performance of a directional tread pattern.
I've never had this problem on other directional tires I've had (on other cars)...

That being said, the noise I have is NOT from the tires... it's from the wheel bearings. I was hoping it was just tires, which is why I rotated them (hoping the noise would move with them)... but it didn't.

I should note the tires have no uneven wear, feathering, or cupping either. I have seen slightly cupped/feathered tires and they don't make as much noise as my car is making - again, because of wheel bearings, most likely. Too bad it's the fronts... the rears are warrantied!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just bought my second set of RE960s today!

First set gave me 46,000 miles if you can believe that.

I loved the 40,000 mile warranty and GREAT tread live.

3 years to the exact month... LOVED THEM....

If they get twice the mileage than the continentals and are just as good for my needs I am happy....

might try something else at 125,000 miles when I need tires again. :)

(extremely aggressive driving, I thought that might go without saying on a spec b but you never know people may wonder)

Fast cornering, twisties, high speed driving up to 140 MPH and car felt like it was going 75 tires were great.

Just bought my second set of RE960s today!

First set gave me 46,000 miles if you can believe that.

I loved the 40,000 mile warranty and GREAT tread live.

3 years to the exact month... LOVED THEM....

If they get twice the mileage than the continentals and are just as good for my needs I am happy....

might try something else at 125,000 miles when I need tires again. :)

(extremely aggressive driving, I thought that might go without saying on a spec b but you never know people may wonder)

Fast cornering, twisties, high speed driving up to 140 MPH and car felt like it was going 75 tires were great.

I'm on my second set as well. Great tires. Probably will be switching to the Continental DWS next time around though. This past winter on the RE960's was pretty scary at times.

I'm on my second set as well. Great tires. Probably will be switching to the Continental DWS next time around though. This past winter on the RE960's was pretty scary at times.

I am at 45k miles on my RE960 set for my 04 WRX. They are still quiet as new. They are nearly worn down to the bars. I will replace when one gets popped or just before the snow flies.

My only qualm is they are abysmal in winter conditions, they get you moving but have no lateral traction. They were better than RE92's but that is not saying much.

Archived