LegacyGT.com

Continuously variable Tranny

matthewluke60

wow you keep closing threads ...wonder why???couldnt find a gt but here is a wrx (which i know is not quite as fast but it still gets my point across that after 100 ill begin to reel your gt in ...........http://www.car-videos.net/performanc...?ID1=258&ID2=3

Who the phuck says "I'll race ya to 125mph???" :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Autotrader:

Goodness, gracious, great gobs of gimmickry: the Subaru's ECVT (gearless automatic transmission) is available with the four-wheel drive Justy. We can't imagine where you would take this car for repairs, but we are certain that the one mechanic in the world who can fix it lives in a very expensive house. Fuel-injection technology trickles down to the Justy, increasing horsepower by a whopping 15 percent. That brings the Justy up to a tire-smokin' 70-horsepower for those of you keeping track.

I love this write up.

Wow, I created this forum a while back. Ran my mouth a little to get you all up in a bunch about it, and its still on going. Hahaha. I hardly spend any time on LGT.com, normally on Nasioc. But its nice to know I could spark such a debate. What I would really like to know about a specific tranny is, what is the 5EAT rated for, or more so should I ask, how much power does anyone have to it. The research I went into never found a specific number, and the first weak link I found turned out to be of all things the axels aren't meant for power and the tranny output shaft shearing from too much torque. So what is a stock 5EAT rated to handle?

CVTs are horrible to drive. The engine revs to the torque peak and then just sits there while the car accelerates. It feels like the engine and transmission are not coupled anymore. If I HAD to have an auto it would be a DSG type box.

Depends on where you're driving. A lot of folks who drive a lot in heavy traffic like them because they're not "clunking" up and down between first and second.

I think Mercedes has an eight speed automatic. Whether there are meshed gears, variable steel belts or fluid converters, the trend is to use electronics to better match engine speed with load for better operating economy and lower emissions.

We have five speed autos in a honda, Mazda, Nissan and Subaru. They all work well.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Really 200 whp? So the 300 whp that one of JSC speeds regular customers is putting to his stock 5EAT with no issues whatsoever, yeah, that's pretty dangerous. My bad buddy. Cause I'm new to subaru doesn't mean I'm new to cars. Smartass.

Why did you come here to hate?

Actually I rescind my last statement, wasn't JSCspeed, it was one of Ralliteks tech guys that was telling me bout it. I'm not hating, just putting forth my side of it. I'm running over 200whp in mine, with no tranny mods, and its sitting fat with no issues at all. In fact on the note of autos, hey, isn't that 8 sec ESX drag car a 4EAT setup. Ahem.....so yeah, how bout them Bears. Nah, I ain't hating, I'm sticking up for my car. I'm stuck with an auto due to a woman being involved and being too stubborn to learn stick, (or she's too stupid, but you didn't hear it from me) so I'm trying to work with what I have. And on that note, I started this thread, so people came here to hate me,......no really, in the first two pages there was lots of hateful comments on me. ;p

Actually I rescind my last statement, wasn't JSCspeed, it was one of Ralliteks tech guys that was telling me bout it. I'm not hating, just putting forth my side of it. I'm running over 200whp in mine, with no tranny mods, and its sitting fat with no issues at all. In fact on the note of autos, hey, isn't that 8 sec ESX drag car a 4EAT setup. Ahem.....so yeah, how bout them Bears. Nah, I ain't hating, I'm sticking up for my car. I'm stuck with an auto due to a woman being involved and being too stubborn to learn stick, (or she's too stupid, but you didn't hear it from me) so I'm trying to work with what I have. And on that note, I started this thread, so people came here to hate me,......no really, in the first two pages there was lots of hateful comments on me. ;p

I suppose, in your first post in this thread, your threat to leave Subaru came off a little odd, so people jumped all over it. You'll get used to it. They don't hate you, they do that to everyone.

You just have to be a little more careful in how you post. We're generally a nice bunch, but some of these guys who've been here a while.... you really start to wonder sometimes. :icon_mrgr

Actually, that original thread, was more pointed at anyone from subaru corporate that might be on the forums. I've been talking to corporate guys and other peoples (names anonymous for now) about certain questions of my own and new technologies. Getting a little here and there. But Rallitek's techy last night was the first to give me a flat number on the 5EAT and power available to it. Nah, I new that if I wrote that I would leave subaru, half of the replies would be snide crap, but the other half would be a highly worthwhile debate over it, bringing out information that I knew nothing about when dealing with both automatics and CVT's. ;p I spend much more time on nasioc usually, because they tend to be more of a plethora of information in general. As people with STI's and WRX's do more tuning in general than people with LGT's. Not in all cases, but in most. I would like to change that trend. Eventually (2-3 years) my 5EAT will be swapped for a good manual or if somebody does a CVT the right way, prolly that. For me, it has nothing to do with the "feel of the car" but more so the times I put down, for love of the sport, for sacrifices must be made. ;p I do understand why the enthusiest would not like it, it is EXACTLY like a go kart, you don't want that in a car. Anyway, hahaha, its funny you mention the thick skin, I'm an engineer in the US Navy, been in a little over four years, we're known in general to be the ruffian pirate like sailors. Hahaha. But no, alot of my comments were made to get a rise out of people and at the same time play like I'm totally dumb so as to spark other people to debate while I watch and gather information from them. And viola, this thread has lasted quite a while. So, it is much appriciated to everyone who took part in it, even those who talked some smack to me. ;)

Archived