LegacyGT.com

whats the difference between GT n GT limited?

soccrstar

I personally find the leather seats on this model year to breathe a helluva lot better then my MY02 .. feels better in the summer. I hate the feel of cloth.. I hate the 'grippy' feel on my tuckus as i silde in. i also hate to think that the cloth seat is absorbing my sweat as i tool around in the summer. Kids? puke on the seat? i wipe it down... not so with cloth. I LOVE the sunroof. I love the leather... The limited was worth it to me. Get in both... drive them. and then make a choise. 99% of things can be added aftermarket... (quality can be better or poorer)

Guest JessterCPA
I have an "un-Limited", and my next one will be a Limited. I really want the sunroof, and leather would be a nice touch. The $$$ was just not available this time around. Power seats I do not care about. My wife & I use the exact same seat position, so the seat never gets moved after it's set up.

[quote name='JessterCPA']I have an "un-Limited", and my next one will be a Limited. I really want the sunroof, and leather would be a nice touch. The $$$ was just not available this time around. Power seats I do not care about. My wife & I use the exact same seat position, so the seat never gets moved after it's set up.[/QUOTE] Take part of the $3000 you saved and get an aftermarket sunroof installed! If I find that I just can't live without the sunroof, that's what I'll do. Someone around here has pics of his aftermarket sunroof!

I got the Limited simply because I've never owned a car with leather, and the huge sunroof is pretty cool (although why it's not tinted is a mystery to me). It's the nicest car I've owned, by far. I test drove a regular GT, and the butt dyno says the GT is faster. I was surprised, in fact, at how quick it felt. I was disappointed to find the Limited is a bit slower, but not [i]that [/i]disappointed.

[size=2]First, hello guys, I am a new one on this board.[/size] [size=2][/size] [size=2]I am taking delivery of my Subaru Legacy GT Limited Station Wagon 5MT, Red Garnet Pearl, this... Wednesday ! :D I'll post some pics as soon as I get it.[/size] [size=2][/size] [size=2]Can't wait to sit in it :D Heck, I have trouble getting to sleep, always thinking about it !!![/size] [size=2]Second, I just wanted to give the exact weight of the various Legacy GT models:[/size] [size=2][/size] [size=2]Legacy GT Sedan = 3295 LBS (3361 LBS with Auto Transmission)[/size] [size=2]Legacy GT Sedan Limited = 3360 LBS (3426 with Auto Transmission) [/size] [size=2]Legacy GT Wagon = 3350 LBS (3416 LBS with Auto Transmission)[/size] [size=2]Legacy GT Wagon Limited = 3428 LBS (3494 with Auto Transmission)[/size] [size=2]That's in stock form, of course. There is up to 199 LBS of difference between a straigth manual sedan and a Limited Wagon Automatic. That certainly makes some kind of a difference, it's basically the same as having a good buddy of yours into the car at all time.[/size] [size=2][/size] [size=2]However, the difference between Limited and non Limited (wagon vs wagon or sedan vs sedan) isn't that much, it's somewhere between 65 and 75 lbs. It's about 2% of the car weight, which might mean one tenth or less of a second slower on the 0-60 MPH. Very minimal especially if the guy in the lighter vehicle is just average about shift points, he will simply be passed by the other guy in the heavier car.[/size] [size=2][/size] [size=2]However, if you pick up an Automatic Transmission, you add another 66 LBS of difference. Put on top of that the fact that Auto Transmission Legacys seems to be about a second slower on the 0-60 and then you are certainly at a disadvantage performance-wise.[/size] [size=2][/size] [size=2]Coming to think of it, being Limited or not is less relevant for performance than being Automatic or not. [u]Automatics are slower,[/u] Limited aren't really.[/size]

Tzar007, I was wondering your source for the weights. In the brochure, the weights listed are just about all 5-6lbs heavier. Not doubting you, just asking your source. I would LOVE to get certified weights of all cars with full tanks of gas, in "as delivered" trim.

[quote name='TLS']Tzar007, I was wondering your source for the weights. In the brochure, the weights listed are just about all 5-6lbs heavier. Not doubting you, just asking your source. I would LOVE to get certified weights of all cars with full tanks of gas, in "as delivered" trim.[/QUOTE] He he :D I took the Canadian weight of the vehicles (in kilos) and multiplied by 2.2046 to get it in pounds. That explains the 5 lbs difference.

[quote name='SchnellerGT']I would prefer a non-Limited, but a sunroof is very important to me![/QUOTE] ;) Back in the days that I worked as a mechanic, I had an X-1/9 (Actually, I had three because eventually you need spare parts! :p) and it had the targa roof that I enjoyed so much that I swore I'd [b]never[/b] own a car without a targa top, convertible top, t-top, or sunroof. In the 18+ years since then, I've never owned another car with anything but a hardtop. My Wife's '03 Legacy has a sunroof and I like to use it on rare occasions, but more often than not, it stays closed. Ironic, isn't it?

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...
I have 2010 Legacy 2.5GT LTD...I am looking for upgrade parts and aftermarket stuff...most websites however dont offer the LTD parts...am I okay with buying GT parts for the LTD? mainly looking at catback exhaust, grills, headlights and taillights, etc....

Is this serious? Or seriously a troll?

Archived