LegacyGT.com

Spec B Question?

KayGT

If anyone happened to pick up the 2007 Legacy broshure you will see beautiful pictures of the Spec B. However every picture of Spec B advertisement i've seen shows the car without a spoiler. Which in my opinion makes the picture that much better and the car simply looks so much better.

I have already came across 3 Spec B's at 3 seperate dealerships, and everyone of them came equipped with a spoiler from the factory. Is every Spec B being built with a spoiler? and if thats the case will the sti trunk lip cover the holes from the spoiler (im pretty sure not).

won't be purchasing the car until spring time rolls around, but right now im just hoping i wont be having to trade for a non SpecB badged trunk.

enlighten me

No spoiler on mine either.

whats the color on the 07' specs, and hows the interior, I love the red interior on the 06's but if the interior is just as nice looking I might haft to rethink my stance on the 06's

This really depends on what the dealers have pre-ordered. I believe Subaru is just filling orders right now and if they have a spoiler, it's because that's how the dealer order it. I hear there are tough allocations right now, dealers will take what they can get .

If you're willing to wait till spring, just go ahead and order it the way you want. It'll be ready before spring. If you going to wait till spring, you might as wait till august or so for the 08's. At least this is why I'm in an 07 and not an 06.

I bought one of the last 06 Spec B's and it had a spoiler as did any of the other ones that were available in August. I hate the spoiler and tried to take it off the night that I bought the car.

Here is the bad news. There are 8 big holes in the deck lid. It looks as if a kid installed this spoiler, the holes are large and mismatched, the glue / sealer is sloppy. There are extra holes for steel support cables to hold the spoiler on to the car in case it gets knocked off, and there are holes for the electrical wires for the tail light.

I am going to hire somebody to buy a trunklid and paint it for me. Must do this before it snows!!!

IF anybody has a Spec B and wants a spoiler, let's trade decklids.

Thanks!

-Doug

I would like the factory spoiler more if it was an option that was built on the car. The spoiler is a "port" installed option. So to save money they leave that damn fourth brake light in the rear window, and IMO 4 brake lights are fugly

• 1 month later...

Archived