LegacyGT.com

2005 GT Rattles

heychusa

My '06 has a nasty rattle from the drivers side dash. Took it to the dealer, they said they squirted some foam in the center vent. The damn thing rattles more than ever now. Maybe I'll have them check the firewall hole that was mentioned. Anyone have pics of this area?

Yep. The dash/a pillar rattle is very well documented. My dealer put some black gunk in there and it worked for a while and then it came back....so I put some folded cardboard and it works, but looks like crap. I will stuff some more foam in there and see what happens.

My glovebox rattle I have not been able to fix though...

Crap car made in the good 'ole US of A. I wish my car was made in Japan. I had a 1991 integra that had ZERO rattles over its 120K life....

^^^ There are several threads of lots of people with the corner dash rattle. It sseems to be very common

you can add one more to that list. Glovebox rattles when cold. I usually reach over and give it a push and that seems to work.

But the corner dash rattle drives me crazy!

i also have the rattles.. not as bad as you however.. my rattles are on the front dash board where it meets the wind shield driver side front corner...... dont quote me but i believe i searched this before and it was a big problem. i even think someone took their dash apart and found the broken piece in his dash and just used some folded up paper to keep it from rattling.

that is the only rattle i get, what else are you getting?

Ditto on that. Just got my 05 LGT several weeks ago and have been having the same problem. When I do the full stereo install, I'll fix that at the same time I'm hoping.

does anyone else get an error message when searching this phrase?

" drivers side dash rattle"

i get this error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16 bytes) in /home/pgdmpulc/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 3052

does anyone else get an error message when searching this phrase?

" drivers side dash rattle"

i get this error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16 bytes) in /home/pgdmpulc/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 3052

Yep I get the same error message. :icon_conf

• 2 months later...
Count me in on the: corner dash rattle, center console rattle/buzz(don't know exactly where this is), overhead interior light buzz, and a suspension squeak right rear area.

My friend just bought a Focus that's couple of years older, more than double the mileage of my LGT, and doesn't rattle like my car. Worst thing is, it was $32,000 less than my car. I know you can't compare the two cars, but it pisses me off that my LGT rattles so bad + getting comments from some ppl here telling me that it's pretty much normal for the price of this car.

I have had a 2005 GT Limited for a little over a year (currently has 14,000 miles on it) and absolutely LOVE IT!

However, it is the worst car I have ever driven in terms of rattles - it sounds like it is made of cheap plastic!

There are rattles from both the C-Pillars and the B-Pillars, to the point where I cannot even turn my music up loud-enough to drown them out!

I have taken it to the dealership no less than 5 times with no success :icon_mad:.

They have now taken to giving me the following BS excuses:

1. There is no rattle in your car

2. All cars that contain plastic rattle like this (I told them I would not dignify this with a response)

3. Well, maybe you have not driven any other car with the sports suspension (I said, "what about my 2004 WRX?")

4. To that, he said, "well, let me call the regional and you can take him for a drive." (I quickly accepted and he backed out...)

So far, I have taken a tech on a drive with me. He heard and identified each of the rattles. They kept the car for 5 days and said it was fixed (but it wasn't).

Just wondering if anyone else has any rattles similar to this, and what you guys would do in this situation?

Thanks.

You need to do a search for "rattles" - I posted how to fix one of them and others have too.

• 1 year later...
Add my 2008 Legacy 2.5i to the list of rattlers. I haven't seen any posts for the creaking I get in my center console, but I do see a lot of the same dash/a-pillar rattles. Dealer has not been able to fix. I'm afraid to fix it myself because I don't want to make it worse or break something. Very disappointing.

i also have the rattles.. not as bad as you however.. my rattles are on the front dash board where it meets the wind shield driver side front corner...... dont quote me but i believe i searched this before and it was a big problem. i even think someone took their dash apart and found the broken piece in his dash and just used some folded up paper to keep it from rattling.

that is the only rattle i get, what else are you getting?

Ditto.

I'm a little dissapointed that I have any rattles on the Legacy but coming from a 2000 Mustang GT followed by a 2004 Cobra rattles are relative. I'll gladly take my one rattle. :p

Mine is a 2008 2.5i that I bought in October 2008, and after multiple trips to the dealer, I have not been successful in getting them fixed. They're not loud, but they are very annoying and take away from my driving enjoyment. Never had rattles in my Acura, Honda, or Nissan. This is my first Subaru, and I'm really disappointed. Here's my list:

1. Top of dash, driver's side: Wedged a post-it note in between the two pieces of the dash. Rattle 99.9% gone.

2. Glove box: Haven't reported it yet. Not sure what to do about it.

3. A-Pillar: Dealer replaced broken clips. Rattle about 75% gone.

4. B-Pillar: Changed position of seatbelt anchor. Rattle 75% gone.

5. Cubby: Haven't reported it. Not sure where to begin.

6. Buzz from passenger side of dash: Not sure where to begin.

7. This one's a little different: My center console (from e-brake area to radio) creaks when I go over bumps. If I put pressure on the console while I drive it seems to help. The plastic seems so loose and brittle, I don't know if it will ever go away. I can duplicate the sound just by pressing on it. Dealer took it apart and placed some sound-deadening tape underneath. Now it's worse.

I've seen a few posts for most of the rattles, and when I find some time I may try to fix them. What about #7? Anyone have that issue? Anyone have any ideas? I don't want this to be my last Subaru because I otherwise like the car, but driving this car is making me nuts! I can only play the radio so loud! Thanks for any help you can offer!

PS - I'll take advice on any of the above, but I'm particularly interested in #7 at the moment.

Archived