LegacyGT.com

Post your stock stereo settings

RoundBoy

[quote name='Trent Bates'] With a factory subwoofer installed Bass: -1 Mid: +1 Treble: +1 [/quote] Hey great answer. I sort of guessed that the B/M/T controls only affected localized frequencies but I thought I'd throw out the question as food for thought. Have you adjusted your factory subwoofer at all? Ken

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Depends on the dynamic range of the music. 25 for many classical pieces or acoustic jazz is not loud, or, in actuality, it is only loud for brief peaks. It is highly compressed rock / pop, where the music is loud all the time, turned up to high sustained levels that causes hearing damage. Tom

Every recording is different. Individual performers and recording engineers all have their preferences. And, just because the mix sounds great in the studio on equipment costing $$$$ doesn't mean it will sound the same in your Legacy. I play the trombone and have spent a few hours in a recording studio listening to a friend's orchestra laying down some tracks. I also got to play on one or two songs. I use the two CDs that I heard being recorded and played on live to set my EQ simply because I know what it sounded like live. Personally, I find that the Subaru GT stereo (with sub woofer) hides the mid range. Ajust your EQ the way you like it. just don't expect everything to sound great with those same settings.

TLS, What's the matter? Did some band geek steal your girlfriend in high school? The guys I got to record with are the best studio musicians and soloists in jazz. Who do you hang around with? Keep playing air guitar, turn it up to 11, and party on Garth!

B: 1 M: 3 T: 5 to me it sounds good cause you can crank it if you want and still get good quality treble and mids with no problem of distortion and it still is nice at low levels

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

I have an aftermarket bass tube sub installed in the trunk (running off a dedicated amp with a separate voume control...which by the way is installed where the ash tray is..or was) so I am running Treble +3, Mid 0, Bass -3.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

• 2 years later...

I think the settings depends on how the person wants to hear their music. I like hip-hop r&b and some rock. I have the WOW turned on, man that makes a difference, the bass is a bit deeper but hollow with Wow and trebles are more crisp. So I just picked up an OEM sub and the bass thumps now.

I like my music sound crisp and nice deep bass. with the voice not so drowned out. I'm still playing around with the settings since I just got the sub last night and mainly play MP3's. So this is what I've got

B: 4-5, M: 0, T:4, With WOW.

B: 5, M:0, T:5-6 Without WOW.

Bass: -4 most of the time up to -2 at moderate volume, and up to +1 or +2 if I'm really enjoying some loud tunes

Mid: 0 or +1

Treb: +4

Fade: +3 front

Under seat sub ... I don't know what I did anymore, but that was critical in getting good sound from the stock head unit. The bass fall-off is why I play with the bass set-up depending on volume.

The steering wheel controls make it just a little easier to play with bass and volume settings too (volume button on steering wheel is ALWAYS volume, so I can adjust bass on the head unit, then immediately move it back to volume with a press of the volume on the wheel).

Bass -1 (will up it to 0 or +1 if I feel the need, but I do have the OE sub...)

Mid +1

High +2, unless the music gets to shrill, then I back it down to +1 or 0.

Balance is tuned to the sweet spot, I think Left 1. (I can hear the right speaker much easier than the left one, which is mounted low, and under my left leg... tweeter doesn't seem to make much difference.)

Fader is tuned for a front sound stage to the threshold that I can just barely detect the rear fill from the rear doors, just toward zero enough that It isn't ALL front. I think it is Front 2, but I am not remembering that one, as I haven't adjusted it in a while.

Sounds great, for an OE system. Probably par for just a modestly decent aftermarket unit which would have better frequency response, but I am not going to put another stereo in in addition to the current one. If it could be replaced, I would consider it.

Maybe someday a CleanSweep/Amp/Speakers/free-air sub setup... but I am not the mobile audio enthusiast I once was. And even then I wasn't all that into it. I like to hear good music, but it always sounds better in a room, rather than in a car.

Archived