LegacyGT.com

DRL on 2007s

Has anyone disabled DRL on a 2007? DRL turns ON all the lights (headlights, sidewinders and taillamps) when engine is running (with parking brake disengaged). If anyone has instructions (if possible with pictures) for the following, please share it.

* Modify DRL so that only headlamps turn ON (and turn OFF sidewinders and taillamps).

* Disable DRL completely.

* Operate foglamps independent of headlamps.

Thanks!

BTW "2007 DRL" search did not yeild any results.

Has anyone disabled DRL on a 2007? DRL turns ON all the lights (headlights, sidewinders and taillamps) when engine is running (with parking brake disengaged). If anyone has instructions (if possible with pictures) for the following, please share it.

* Modify DRL so that only headlamps turn ON (and turn OFF sidewinders and taillamps).

* Disable DRL completely.

* Operate foglamps independent of headlamps.

Thanks!

BTW "2007 DRL" search did not yeild any results.

Maybe this will help?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42292&highlight=2007+DRL

FYI, I searched DRL 2007 and it came right up in the search for me.

Go Cardinals!

i dont think we can shut ours down... i have noticed that with my 07 my headlights, side markers, and my tails all come on for the drl's. which from what my 05 friends say is different then theirs. i unplugged the one i thought would be right, well it eliminated the drl's but it also took out the fogs and the brights. your normal lights worked though. went back plugged it back in and its back to stock, i havent touched it since.

I think the 07 DRL light should be in Green not Orange, orange usually means somethings wrong, to get your attention, like low gas, CEL, ect

lol you'd think, expecially since the other light indicators are all green :lol: .

i am going to look a little more tonight when i swap to my yellow top optima battery.

• 2 weeks later...

i went through it again and im thinking you cant get rid of the drl's on the 07's we must have a different wire set up or something.

i have noticed that when our headlights come on so do the side markers as well as the tail lights soooo something is for sure different.

sorry it took a while... i kept putting it off for other pressing needs.

• 2 months later...
I just spoke with a tech at my dealership, they are changed for 2007. But if you find a service center that is helpful they can disable them for you. They told me it's a simple setting on the computer and they can do it in ten minutes with their system. Got mine done today.

here read though this thread.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42292&page=6

basically long of short... on that same white connector. you can either CUT or work out the plug on it. but either way get the Blue wire WITH a Black stripe down it. my little connector didnt want to come out, and i tried a good 5 times till i said screw it and cut it. i dont plan on getting rid of the car any time soon.

soooo cut the Blue with a Black stripe wire and the Drl's are gone. everything else works perfect. i did it last weekend and everything is great. :D

So what does everyone have against DRLs? I had them on my 95 Saab and they never caused and problems.

Mainly the nasty habit my SO has of driving without lights at night because the headlights LOOK like they are on... DRL's are quite low on my safety list!

So what does everyone have against DRLs? I had them on my 95 Saab and they never caused and problems.

personally i wanted them off so i can look into some HID's :wub: i've had my eye on a pair for a good 4 years now. after you drive a car with them you never want to turn back to normal halogens. and well hids arent really meant to be on constantly, and they dont handle quick on/off's well either... makes your bulb prematurely blow out.

the life of the halogens wasnt a super big deal, but it is something that can get old real quick. know a few on here said he has owned his car two years and has went through 3 or 4 sets of bulbs already. in reality that isnt bad considering the time they have been on (are lasting quite some time), but i dont really want to buy bulbs every 6 months.

The main thing for me and DRLs is that on the 05-06, the tails don't come on. The DRLs were bright enough for me to forget to turn the headlights on...which meant at night, I had no tailights...which is a safety concern for anyone following me. Disabling the DRLs forces me to flip the switch to turn them on. Then I got HIDs...so I had to anyways. Plus, disabling the DRLs is a good way to spot other Subie owners interested in modding :).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Can yu guys post a picture of the wire to cut. Some of us have full time jobs and a dealership is 45 to 60 mins away.

Anything other than warrenty, what is the dealrship good for anyway.

Real car guys do their own work. Plus, it keeps you busy and gives you a reason for the wife as to why you can not help clean the house right now.

Can yu guys post a picture of the wire to cut. Some of us have full time jobs and a dealership is 45 to 60 mins away.

Anything other than warrenty, what is the dealrship good for anyway.

Real car guys do their own work. Plus, it keeps you busy and gives you a reason for the wife as to why you can not help clean the house right now.

No need to cut any wires.......i took the terminal out of the plug.

Let me find the link for ya and let you see for yourself.

Here you go....scroll through the first couple pages and you'll find it.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42292

• 1 month later...

This was my first car with DRLs and within the first two months I noticed a sharp increase of people pulling out in front of me compared to my previous car.

I immediately figured the cause to be the DRLs making the car look safe to pull out in front of. A month more went by of people pulling out in front of me, making left turns in front of me, etc. and I finally decided to hunker down and pull the wire.

Then people stopped pulling out in front of me. I still get cut off, but I think that the car looks more intimidating when the DRLs are disabled and people think a bit longer about making me slam on my brakes.

Mainly the nasty habit my SO has of driving without lights at night because the headlights LOOK like they are on...

Me too, almost every night... The only way I notice is because my navigation doesn't invert unless my headlights are on.

EDIT: I just did this mod... At first I unplugged the white connector and lost my high beams/fogs, then i re-read and realized I needed to cut the blue wire with the black stripe. Duh.

Archived