LegacyGT.com

DRL on 2007s

I posted on this thread but there doesn't seem to be too much movement: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10782&page=5

Is there a trick to getting the 10 MM bolt out from above the hood release latch? The cable is in the direct path of where my socket needs to go. I was trying to do the independant fog light mod yesterday and got suck already on the very first step.

• 11 months later...
Why the hell do you want to disable something that is there for your safety?? What's next, a seatbelt removal guide?

No, but I would love to turn the beeper off on the seatbelts...that thing is so annoying...lol I know there are guides on here on how to do it but I'm pretty lazy...I was way more ambitious when I first got my new car...disabling the DRL's were my first mod...lol

Why the hell do you want to disable something that is there for your safety?? What's next, a seatbelt removal guide?

Do you walk around with a helmet on your head and a cup in your pants? Why not? It's for your safety.

If the safety feature doesn't work as it is expected to do then it isn't a safety feature.

Here it's mandatory to drive with the lights on, and the steering column switch for parking lights makes sense for a change since I never turn off the headlights but they come off when I turn off the key. The disadvantage is the consumption of headlight bulbs, but that's a minor problem.

453747.png

No, but I would love to turn the beeper off on the seatbelts...that thing is so annoying...lol I know there are guides on here on how to do it but I'm pretty lazy...I was way more ambitious when I first got my new car...disabling the DRL's were my first mod...lol

I SO want to get rid of that #$%& seat belt beeper - anyone know the link?

1) Turn key to ACC position and wait for initial beep to stop

2) Buckle and unbuckle seat belt quickly 20+ times (I did 25 for insurance)

3) Turn key to off position

4) Start car

5) Enjoy =)

If the safety feature doesn't work as it is expected to do then it isn't a safety feature.

Here it's mandatory to drive with the lights on, and the steering column switch for parking lights makes sense for a change since I never turn off the headlights but they come off when I turn off the key. The disadvantage is the consumption of headlight bulbs, but that's a minor problem.

Why do you say it doesn't work?

Just got back from the US where DRLs are not mandatory, and at an intersection in the rain, you see cars arriving at the last second. Not so with DRLs.

The «walking with a helmet» analogy is dumb. Having a helmet on all the time would prevent one from eating and speaking. Headlights on have no ill side effects.

Headlights on have no ill side effects.

People pull out in front of me more when my DRLs are on (as I said in my first post in this thread).

Mind you, this is in D.C. which is a far cry from most areas of Canada where aggressive driving is concerned.

Having the headlights on in the daytime seems to give other cars more confidence around me, as though they can tell more easily how fast I'm going and how far away I am, so they pull out in front of me more and cut me off when I'm going much faster.

4) Start car

5) Enjoy =)

ok - I tried this on my 07, didn't work. If I turn the key to ACC, there is no beeping. If I go one more turn (ON) then I get initial beeping. I tried the buckle/unbuckle in both key positions and it did not eliminate the warning. I am doing something wrong? I was sitting in the car when I did the buckle/unbuckle

Guest LGT-NY

4) Start car

5) Enjoy =)

I tried it! Worked like a charm. Thanks alot.

Archived