LegacyGT.com

Any one else checked their Trade In Value at kbb.com ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
selling it or making the kid?? :lol:

Don't tempt him...

On topic: As Whitestar said, people quote the worst prices on these, but don't acknowledge that it's also the worst price you could possibly get. I mean, if I put this thing on craigslist for $20k it'd sell right away...

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

you have to rember that an 05 is now a 2 year old model. Doesn't really matter when you bought the car or when it was built, in the trade in world with the 07's out every 05 is 2 years old. You add in the cash back on on 06 you are going to take a hit on an 05 resale. Now 4 or 5 years down the road it may not seem as bad.

At least you dont own a 2.5i. Mine is a 05 with 10700 miles. Kbb=13800...WTF!?! 4 months ago it was at 14800.

I love my 2.5i limited, but the resale sucks. I'm planning on keeping mine until my son is 16 and it'll be his first car (my son is 8 weeks old now). :)

Now I have to save up for a WRX Sti as a weekend car. Maybe in a few years my wife'll let me get one.

I see tons of VERY old Subarus out there still running!

Cars are ALMOST never an investment.

The only time you might not loose your rear on a car is if you buy a rare, special edition, or limited run automobile. I really don't ever check the reale value of a car once I've purchased it. I know it's not going to be worth as much as I paid for it.

If you're the type that wants a new car every couple of years then just lease the car and don't purchase it. Otherwiase you're always going to come out on the bottom.

I bought an 89 Saleen Mustang in 2001 for 6k. In 2003 I sold it for 8k.

That's the only time I ever kept any money from a car.

Of course in the two years I had it I poured my life savings into performance parts! But still... to get more than I paid for it was suprising!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said unless it is a special edition or limited production vehicle they will all go down in value.

Plus with all the new models coming out prices will drop because you can get a new model with newere features.

In here you pay 36K for a new Legacy, and nobody knows what kind of car it is!

Nah...more like 33.And yes I like the fact that it is the perfect sleeper.For the most part peopel will leave it alone and not try to steal it every five minutes. What they don't know can't hurt them. There hasn't been a Honda produced that could touch the Legacy in performance.

I don't care about trade-in since we plan on keeping the 2005 LGT wagon for the next 9 years like our past cars(we do ~10yrs or 200k miles). However it really sucks if you get into a major accident and total it.

The good thing is Subaru holds their value decently 5yrs and beyond at least in New England.

I don't care about trade-in since we plan on keeping the 2005 LGT wagon for the next 9 years like our past cars(we do ~10yrs or 200k miles). However it really sucks if you get into a major accident and total it.

The good thing is Subaru holds their value decently 5yrs and beyond in the US.

Listen to him folks! And the others, keep your car for awhile. :) I'm always amazed/confused when people bring up the fact that their car lost value in the first 2-3 years of ownership. What did you expect with a new car??? :iam: Subbies are not that bad in losing value OVER time, but immediately they do lose a chunk no doubt. When we all get such good deals for them, that's partly why. The original value quotes (My car was $29k, mine was $30k!) don't really hold true when we all get them for $4k less then that. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

So I guess the trick is to buy 5 year old Subarus.

I would have a tough time persuading myself to buy a 5-year old turbo vehicle, unless it is from someone who takes care of their vehicles meticulously and whom I personally know.

If it were an NA vehicle, that is a different ballgame and I could be persuaded, with some close inspections and such. :icon_cool I have been burned on the used car market in the past, pretty badly. :(

If I could afford I would buy an NSX in a heartbit...

Awesome machine, very well designed mainly by the hands of Ayrton Senna, the greatest F1 pilot ever!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I would have bought one 10 years ago in a heartbeat. Now, it has gotten a bit long in the tooth (having been essentially untouched since its introduction in the early nineties) and it is high time Honda introduced a successor.

Archived