LegacyGT.com

Any one else checked their Trade In Value at kbb.com ?

Nah...more like 33.And yes I like the fact that it is the perfect sleeper.For the most part peopel will leave it alone and not try to steal it every five minutes. What they don't know can't hurt them. There hasn't been a Honda produced that could touch the Legacy in performance.

About the selling price, I paid 34,000 because the car had a rebate of 2,000 (it was the only one left of the group that got the special, and was parked in the lot waiting for me for three months). The others (similar but not from the same batch) were tagged for 37,000, and there was no rebate for them. A Wrx turbo but not STI) costs 35,000 and a STi costs 41,000. Maybe if you go to my friends at Auto Plaza they will give you a better deal.

But everyone of us proud owners of Legacys know that this is the entry level for Subaru to get a position in the luxury performance cars' market. I bought my first Subaru wagon in 1986; it was a GL model. At that time, Subarus were less accepted than a Mazda here, and NOBODY will buy an used one, and worse if it is manual transmission.

In a matter of five years, Subarus gained here a reputation of a good, reliable performance vehicle, thanks to the STIs. But still now, nobody knows that my car has the same Boxer engine than a WRX (and even a manual stick shift!) I remember that my boss asked me:-"why did you pay 34Ks for a manual-transmission car?? I replied him:"Because it runs better than an Audi, 325's or similars but with less money!"

So, it's like you said: its a blessing for us that the bad guys don't know who we are! The Subaru dealers are offering LoJack security (you know: sattellite protection) before you leave the showroom, but they don't bother to previously install one in a Legacy...What for?

Like a Serta Mattress: The Perfect Sleeper! ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived