LegacyGT.com

Lgt Vs Evo 8 Vs Ms6...

Tuned200

details soon. This will be settled at the track, with all cars being stock, and all rookie drivers, I.E. their owners.

Any predictions of the 1/4 mile times?

My car,

05 LGT LTD. perrin filter, bov, box mod,

There car's are "stock" we shall see. I think the EVO will win the fastest ET but I think i can beat the ms6.

We are planning this for 2 weeks from now.

The best driver, or the one with the least mechanical empathy, depending how you look at it, will win. Whoever bogs on the launch will lose. The EVO could run anywhere from low 13's up to high 14's depending on the launch, and worse with bad shifting. The LGT and Mazda may hit mid to high 13's with a perfect launch and shifting, high 14's-low 15's if you bog.

are you on RE92s? you need some slip off the line, so go thru the water box... also up your tire pressure to around 40psi. you will have the mazda, not the evo. let me know whey you guys are going and i will join you.

Your stock car wil not run 13's period.

As far as your tires - You do not need any more grip, and perhaps a bit less. I too would hit the water box and add a couple pounds. I estimate the evo to beat you by 1-2 seconds depending again on the hole shot. The mazda is a little easier to hole shot (there awd tends to slip more than subie)My guess as follows, and the proof will be in a couple of weeks. Naturally it will depend on the number of runs. (That intercooler gets HOT becaouse the engine heat rises and heat soaks the intercooler - It is unreal how much HP you lose)Get there early (drive slow on the way)- open your hood and let everything cool down. Splash the intercooler right before go time - repeat between runs

Anyhow my guesstimate

1st place: EVO at 13.3

2nd place: GT at 14.6

3rd place: 6speed @ 14.9

I would bet (not literally) that I am within 3 tenths on each one.

Wait until the last yellow light comes on (do not wait for green) and ride out the clutch. (Do Not dump the clutch or you will bog/lose)

Your stock car wil not run 13's period.

As far as your tires - You do not need any more grip, and perhaps a bit less. I too would hit the water box and add a couple pounds. I estimate the evo to beat you by 1-2 seconds depending again on the hole shot. The mazda is a little easier to hole shot (there awd tends to slip more than subie)My guess as follows, and the proof will be in a couple of weeks. Naturally it will depend on the number of runs. (That intercooler gets HOT becaouse the engine heat rises and heat soaks the intercooler - It is unreal how much HP you lose)Get there early (drive slow on the way)- open your hood and let everything cool down. Splash the intercooler right before go time - repeat between runs

Anyhow my guesstimate

1st place: EVO at 13.3

2nd place: GT at 14.6

3rd place: 6speed @ 14.9

I would bet (not literally) that I am within 3 tenths on each one.

Wait until the last yellow light comes on (do not wait for green) and ride out the clutch. (Do Not dump the clutch or you will bog/lose)

Dude, I have 300+ launches at the strip, I know how to cut a perfect .500 light, I have done it several times.

And for me getting a 14.6. That seems a bit slow. My last turbo import went 12.7, and this car seems to feel like it can cut a better 60'. (my best was a 2.003) so with a 1.8-1.9 60', I dont see why a 14.3-14.0 or better cant be achieved.

And a side note, buy a bag of ice, bring a towel to wrap the ice bag in and let it sit on the top mount interheater between runs.

Have you ever ran your car, or are you just telling the world what BS you have read on the net? Im not hating, I just dont need some BS if you have no proof to back it up. I will have my runs on video as well, so be on the look out

My bov is recirc'ed

are you on RE92s? you need some slip off the line, so go thru the water box... also up your tire pressure to around 40psi. you will have the mazda, not the evo. let me know whey you guys are going and i will join you.

will do, pm me a contact number:icon_cool

Ok - first of all - You asked for an opinion. I gave mine, and mentioned several times it was my guesstimate. If you ask for an opinion to haze a guy for sharing it then you really aren't asking.

Also, your general question lead me to believe you had no experience("Rookie drivers") and that is why I shared the basics. If you pull off perfect lights all day you don't need that help. Again, sorry for trying to help.

As far as my experience - Not sure why this got so personal, but yes I have a bit of experience, but no I don't drive the Castrol car. (My car ran 7's 1/8th mile)

I have run my leg gt in the 1/8th - once and I did terrible.

As far as my time guesstimates - Again, relax. The leg gt is generally rated for 14.0 -15 in mags, and they are not trying to run against a light. They are measured from when they decide to go.(much easier) No I don't go by everything in the mags, but I figure it is a fair baseline.

After my post was attacked (still confused) I thought - maybe I was a bit low for the evo, and did a quick search (again just for a quick baseline)

It seems C&D tested an evo at 13.4 (http://www.caranddriver.com/previews/9394/2006-mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-ix.html

Just for fun- I just checke C&D for the leg gt and although it was a spec B they claimed a 14 sec1/4 http://www.caranddriver.com/shortroadtests/10775/2006-subaru-legacy-25gt-specb.html

Again - My original reply was a friendly response to your question

"Rookie drivers" & "estimated times"

This will be settled at the track, with all cars being stock, and all rookie drivers, I.E. their owners.

Dude, I have 300+ launches at the strip, I know how to cut a perfect .500 light, I have done it several times.

And for me getting a 14.6. That seems a bit slow. My last turbo import went 12.7, and this car seems to feel like it can cut a better 60'. (my best was a 2.003) so with a 1.8-1.9 60', I dont see why a 14.3-14.0 or better cant be achieved.

Kind of contradictory I must agree.

Ok - first of all - You asked for an opinion. I gave mine, and mentioned several times it was my guesstimate. If you ask for an opinion to haze a guy for sharing it then you really aren't asking.

Also, your general question lead me to believe you had no experience("Rookie drivers") and that is why I shared the basics. If you pull off perfect lights all day you don't need that help. Again, sorry for trying to help.

As far as my experience - Not sure why this got so personal, but yes I have a bit of experience, but no I don't drive the Castrol car. (My car ran 7's 1/8th mile)

I have run my leg gt in the 1/8th - once and I did terrible.

As far as my time guesstimates - Again, relax. The leg gt is generally rated for 14.0 -15 in mags, and they are not trying to run against a light. They are measured from when they decide to go.(much easier) No I don't go by everything in the mags, but I figure it is a fair baseline.

After my post was attacked (still confused) I thought - maybe I was a bit low for the evo, and did a quick search (again just for a quick baseline)

It seems C&D tested an evo at 13.4 (http://www.caranddriver.com/previews/9394/2006-mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-ix.html

Just for fun- I just checke C&D for the leg gt and although it was a spec B they claimed a 14 sec1/4 http://www.caranddriver.com/shortroadtests/10775/2006-subaru-legacy-25gt-specb.html

Again - My original reply was a friendly response to your question

"Rookie drivers" & "estimated times"

I didnt mean to attack you. After reading several mag times, road and track ran the car to a 13.7, and others have ran to a 14.0, I dont see why a 14.0 is so un do-able.

As far as the rookie driver thing, in a sence, im a rookie driver, with this car. I have never launched an AWD car at the track, so I will bogthe 1st time, im sure of that. Nerves are a b*tch. But im no rookie at the strip in general. I will do a few shake down runs to get it figured out, but its all good.

In general, I think this thread is overall good. Its good to discuss this and then see what happens in a few weeks.

Sorry man if I rubbed you the wrong way.

ur ignorance must truly be blissful :lol:

Not saying there are not a few out there that are but........stock they sure are not.

I must say the majority of the EVO drivers here in central FL drive them as if they were driving a 350k exotic.

Most of them including a local 06 EVO MR has quite a few mods & tuned has a supposed 375whp.......I asked him about 3-4mo ago...."so what do you launch @"?

"No more than 3500, the results are just tirespin....." :rolleyes:

Never seen him do anything other than club baby seals....he lost by half a car to a stock 06 Vette:lol::lol:

& no we have not raced......

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

wukindada,

what are you putting down with the current tune? i though that you were somewhat over 350WHP... right? have you dragged the car yet? if so, what times did you post?

my stg2 with a TDC tune and a slipping clutch on a hot day put me at 13.9s and 98.44mph - with a poor 2.07 60ft. all my runs were within 0.1sec of each other.

on a cooler day with a new clutch the car will run 13.4-13.6, i am pretty sure :icon_wink:lol:

i will supervise tuned200 runs, and will let you guys know how well he did :icon_mrgr

Archived