LegacyGT.com

Transmission oil leak

Johan

Well, today I went to the mobile to get an oil change and the guy said I had an transmission gasket oil leak. I have gone stage II with cobb catted down and perrin up so I have probably voided my warrent. I am going to be taking the car to the dealership soon. I do not see any liquid or anything when I pull out of my garage or parking spot. Should I be worry? Anything in particular I should be looking for?

Thanks

5EAT or 5MT? What color is the fluid that is leaking.

Park it and look for a spot/puddle on the floor the next day.

The guy might be BS'ing you to make some extra cash....

It is a 5EAT. I dont know that it is leaking, I do not see any spot/puddle after having the car parked. I don't think he is lieing to me in order to make extra cash becuase he just told me to get it checked at the dealer because it should be under warrenty. I did check the transmission level and it was over the low but not too much over. He said somthing about it may not leak when driving slow but when driving fast the pressure or something will make the engine lose transmition fluid.

how much cosmoline is "normal"? my car has quite a bit of what looks like a leak on the tranny and is also on the x-brace and some other areas...i dont remember it being there when i did my swaybar install but i might have overlooked it.

Really varies......but more people notice it around the tranny area & as you mentioned M also the brace;)

The older your car gets I'm sure the worse it will look. No fun to remove but well worth the time spent.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Archived