LegacyGT.com

Good family car for 30-40 grand

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you pay a pretty penny for that service too. My uncle was charged $550 for new front brake pads for his RX330.

My grandparents have two LS430s. They took the 04 in for a scheduled service (maybe 15k miles) and there were extra charges like:

• One gallon antifreeze - $20

• New windshield wipers - $30

• Two quarts heavy weight gear lube (?!?!?!?) - $40

I inspected the car after seeing this invoice. The windshield wipers weren't touched - they're the same $50 pair of Silblades I installed a few months ago. These wipers have a life of 5+ years. The dealership got their $30 though.

I want to know where that gear lube went too, because it didn't go in that car. The only place it *could* go is the rear end, and its plugs were shiny and still sporting the factory-applied paint marks that still lined up. Besides, what car needs anything like this in 15k miles?

Where was that gallon of antifreeze used? Again, certainly not in this car. I can't think of any modern car that would require coolant after 15k miles. If my Subaru's coolant level is fine, I think the Lexus can do the same.

That's why I said - I've driven these cars. It's not like I don't know about Lexus and the others. The fact that I still recommend the Hyundai means it just might be worth looking at. It's not just 'cause I'm stupid :D

Oh, and if you're wondering, when my grandparents buy the upcoming LS 460, it'll be from another dealership. Because of the "bill padding", this one has lost their business for good. They're buying the redesigned Tundra (their fourth) in the spring too, and it'll be from another dealership as well (the ones here are owned by the same company).

very easy pick for me.....07 G35:):)

Nice passenger space, sexy design.......0-60 in under 5.5sec

You should be able to get one including Nav for just under 40k

My thoughts exactly. I drove a coupe before I picked up my suby...very well laid out interior, and it felt expensive, ya know what i mean? And they look nice too. my .02

My thoughts exactly. I drove a coupe before I picked up my suby...very well laid out interior, and it felt expensive, ya know what i mean? And they look nice too. my .02

If we're talking Infiniti-- why not a used, recent MY Infiniti M car? Stellar reviews, feature-packed. High consumer opinions.

I'm just not a big fan of the G series though. Love / hate thing. Nissan fixes outstanding issues with outgoing model but then introduces awkward elements in the new one.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived