LegacyGT.com

Help me pull the trigger... (SoCal peeps)

Underdog

Which option should I go with?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which option should I go with?

• 1a. Fly out/back and ship
    • 1b. Fly out/drive back
    • 2. Not really an option cause it's based on what Reza and SOA can do
    • 3. Get some help from a SoCal member
    • Swear ta meee!

Ok, here's the deal...

I've been in contact with Reza about the car listed here. Needless to say, I'm really interested in getting this car, it's the exact configuration I've been looking for for the last 4-5 months. However, I find it difficult to throw down the bucks on my first new car without seeing it first.

So, I have the following options:

1a. Roundtrip flight this weekend out to to Santa Monica to check this car out.

1b. Fly out there on another weekend and assuming all goes well, road trip the car back to boston.

2. Try to work out some sort of down payment, have the car delivered to a local dealership and be able to give it a quick drive before finalizing the deal.

3. Solicit the help of a reputable SoCal member to check out the car for me and give me a moderately detailed report. (decent pics, run-down of any interior/exterior blemishes or defects, and a test-drive) Of course, I would be willing to compensate said person for their time and efforts.

So... it comes down to the pros and cons:

1a. Pros: could be a fun weekend vaca. I get to see the car first-hand and drive it. Cons: I hate organizing anything even remotely stressfull. If I don't like the car, I'm out the flight and lodging.

1b. Pros: again, I'd get to see the car in person. What better way to test out a cars legs than a cross-country roadtrip? I'd be through the break-in period in a few days tops. Cons: Would eat up tons of vaca time if I was alone, and would be boring driving alone the whole way. Would be tough to coordinate my dad (the only other person I'd trust to drive it) coming with me. Couldn't do it until Mid-October, earliest.

2. Pros: Get to see/drive the car. Cons: Very unlikely, i'd probably have to eat the cost of shipping regardless.

3. Pros: I'd get the expertise of someone who is very familiar with the car and is not a complete stranger. Impartial 3rd party. The comfort of buying a quality car and no hassle in traveling out there. Cons: Still don't get to see the car first-hand but it's the next best thing.

So that pretty much sums it up! I welcome all constructive and on-topic advice... I'm really excited to finally get the car I've been drooling over for years.

Thanks,

Rick

I dont know which one you should do, but I saw the car yesterday and I like it very much. If its what you want then you should get it. You can just test drive a car out there if you have to.

Hell come on out when we have a meet. Then you can see and get a ride in some of the super LGTs out here.

I can take pics if you want, but isnt it a brand new car? I will be back there on Friday or Saturday, just tell Rezah so I dont forget.

Thanks for the replies guys...

Panamajack: Yeah the car is new, and there are some pictures in the thread but I just wanted someone to give it a once over. However, based on your and jaymesbry's replies I'm sure the car is in real good shape. I just wanted to hear it from someone else who's seen it in person (besides Reza :lol:). If you feel inclined to take some more pics of it I would really appreciate it, but I trust your word. I'd love to make it out to a meet sometime, but the logistics of doing it soon enough to get the car would be crazy.

wukindada: Yeah, Reza had told me the shipping costs would be roughly $1,000 (2 weeks, to my door). Figure gas would be ~$450 ((3000mi/20mpg)*$3.00/gal) conservatively, and lodging would be at least $400, airline ticket ~$200 = >$1000 and that's not including food. Plus the hassle and used up weekend + vaca time :(

LL: You sir are the devil! I am so tempted to do it, but the above costs/reasons make me inclined to go with the shipping route.

Thanks man, I didn't realize so many of the board members go there routinely. :lol: Like I said, I'd love to see some better pics but based on panamajacks and jaymesbry testimony, and Reza's reputation as a great dealer I'm pretty confident in the condition of the car.

I'm sending in the credit check form today and hopefully, I will be the proud owner of a beautiful new '06 LGT within a few days. The two weeks it will take to ship will be murder on my patience!

How long do guys think it would take me to go get the car and drive back? 3,000 miles? I did boston to florida in 28 hours once but that was with 3 of us taking shifts.

ummm...driving ~15 hours a day...3-4 days

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Haha, I called up a local dealership yesterday to see what sort of deal I could get on a left-over '06 for comparison purposes. The guy was asking me what I was looking for and I said an "...'06 GT Sedan w/ 5spd..." and he responded with "Oh, I'm sorry sir, they don't offer the GT in a manual transmission..." :lol: . I corrected him on that and he later asked if I was interested in a Garnet Red 2007 LGT. I said "Uh, I'm pretty sure they discontinued that color on the 2007's..." he had to look through piles of stuff before he could find the brochure to verify that!

The feeling of superiority made the 9 months I've been here that much sweeter!

Still waiting to close on this car, but I'm ready to buy. :):wub:

Yeah, well, I'm pretty sure I'll go with the shipping route. I'm looking into a private shipping company so I can see if I can get a better deal and delivery time. 5 days you say? I hope so, because it is gonna be so hard to wait for this beauty.

Like I said, I'm just waiting for an actual written quote from Reza on the price of the car and the financing package he can put together. Should be getting that today and taking it from there.

pull the trigger ...... lol i just got mine from Reza today. Awsome.

Reza is the man !!!

i didnt have my digi cam but i took a few pics with my cell while i was there .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/Wuzkrackin83/0922061837.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/Wuzkrackin83/0922061837a.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/Wuzkrackin83/0922061837b.jpg

Archived