LegacyGT.com

I Started Putting 91 Chevron with Techron in My Car...

Is it just me that i get lesser milege when I use 91 Octane from Chevron (the highest Octane in my area)???

I drive about 30 miles round trip on the freeway to go and get back from work, normally i get around at least 300 miles out of each tank when i was putting 89 Octane from 76, now when i switched to 91 Octane from Chevron the milege dropped with the same driving style...

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

this is getting ridiculous... :confused: today i get back from work 16 miles, and the gas dropped by 1/8 of a tank, while doing so i still manage to boost my mpg by .3

i get it now, i'll switch back to 89... i won't ever put 87 in a car though, maybe a Corolla

○ ○ ○

Having tried all three grades for several months at a time, I've decided 89 octane gives our N/As the best mileage. Premium does not help our mileage at all, but I believe there is an ever so slight performance advantage...I've settled on 89 though..no need for 91 or 93, and dont think 87 will do. It's merely the minimum.

this is getting ridiculous... :confused: today i get back from work 16 miles, and the gas dropped by 1/8 of a tank, while doing so i still manage to boost my mpg by .3

i get it now, i'll switch back to 89... i won't ever put 87 in a car though, maybe a Corolla

welcome to the world of the turbo legacy :lol:...worst part is your not even boosted

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

FWIW we log all fuel use in our H6. I've run premium for several thousand miles, then switched to Regular, then back.

There's no difference in fuel economy. There are big variations tank to tank, but over 2,000 miles they're about the same. And the H6 is "Recommended" to use 91 octane.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Now I dont have a 2.5i, but I do have a 2.5 in my Impreza...

I found that I was having some pinging issues (i'm running a DIY intake, STI catback modified to fit, lightweight flywheel and pully) and decided to switch to iridium spark plugs and run higher octane. Ive been running 91 for like 3 months now, and my MPG has actually increased and my engine is running significantly better, but of course its probably because of my mods that changes how the higher octane effects the car (I could probably use some tuning as well).

Lower octane = easier to burn fuel.

higher octane = fuel that is harder to ignite.

Use the fuel your car was designed for so that the temperature of the spark and the combustion chamber ignites the fuel properly and completely.

Use 87 consistently, & the slightly-optimistic computer seems stuck on 30.6mpg. Must be the turbo cans...
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Wow...you 2.5i guys are getting lower mileage than me. I usually get 340-360 a tankful with my turbo on 93. Granted I try to keep it under 65 on the highways. How fast are you all driving?

i usually cruise at 80+ on freeway... the most i've ever get out of a tank is 330, but now ranging from 260-280... i need a freaking faster car lol

○ ○ ○

Archived