LegacyGT.com

I Started Putting 91 Chevron with Techron in My Car...

I consistantly get 22-23mpg pure city driving, usually reving to about 3-3500 rpm's from stop lights. I consider that ok seeing as how my FWD Mazda 3 with only 140hp got only 26mpg on the same route, and had no torque.

Tolly

07 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

I consistantly get 22-23mpg pure city driving, usually reving to about 3-3500 rpm's from stop lights. I consider that ok seeing as how my FWD Mazda 3 with only 140hp got only 26mpg on the same route, and had no torque.

Tolly

i average about 21-23 with some highway driving and mostly local in the streets of LA

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

I'm really sorry to have to tell you gas guzzlers that I average about 28-29 MPG and 375-400 miles per tank. And I don't drive like a grandmother. Specifics are: Non-Turbo; Manual tranny; 1/3 highway miles; 70-80 mph on highway; Average 30-50 on back roads with a LOT of stop and go during rush hour; 3000-4000 rpm typical revs from start through every gear change; I typically keep the tach between 2500 RPM and 3000 RPM during cruising at most speeds (except on the highway, where 6'th gear would be nice). I definitely have my fun, but I try and drive smart, and do things like coast down hills in high gears, don't rush up to redlights, etc.

I'm really sorry to have to tell you gas guzzlers that I average about 28-29 MPG and 375-400 miles per tank. And I don't drive like a grandmother. Specifics are: Non-Turbo; Manual tranny; 1/3 highway miles; 70-80 mph on highway; Average 30-50 on back roads with a LOT of stop and go during rush hour; 3000-4000 rpm typical revs from start through every gear change; I typically keep the tach between 2500 RPM and 3000 RPM during cruising at most speeds (except on the highway, where 6'th gear would be nice). I definitely have my fun, but I try and drive smart, and do things like coast down hills in high gears, don't rush up to redlights, etc.

You are logging all fuel use? Someone else, same car:

05 Leg GT LTD Wagon 5MT - bone stock.

19.5-20.5mpg when driving 70% city 30% highway.

22mpg driving 100% highway at 90+mph and by highway I mean race track of course!

30.5mpg driving 100% highway at 69mph just to see how cool and adaptable our Legacy engines are :-)

Who Dares Wins

スバル

You are logging all fuel use? Someone else, same car:

I have to. My company buys the gas, and I have to keep track of mileage and fill ups. The only additional step I take is doing the division. I'm the only driver, and it's been 100% company gas and logged every time for for the first 5000 miles. Now in the last 1000 miles I stopped doing it because I'm consistently getting about the same amount of miles per tank, and I found that my trip computer is consistently within 2-3 MPG optimistic, so I just pay attention to that instead.

BTW, that other car you are comparing is NOT the same as mine, as I stated, I have a 2.5i (non turbo). I'm sure that matters a lot. And mine is an 06, which might not matter.

• 3 weeks later...

The nissan forums have a lot about seafoam as well. Old KA engines from 240's love that stuff.

I ran 89 (plus) for the first year or so of owning my car and typically got about 30 miles more per tank. So maybe 390 avg for 87, 420 avg for 89.

Archived