LegacyGT.com

Does the 05 non-limited GT have power seats?

Hi there,

I might be interested in purchasing a fellow members 05 LGT non-LTD. It took it for a test drive yesterday, and all went smoothly, but I noticed that it didnt have a power drivers seat.

I was under the impression that non-LTD models had power drivers seats, and that Limited models had both power drivers and passenger seats. At least this is how the '06 models are sold here in Canada (the Limited is the same, but with leather, sunroof, and dual power seats...thats the only difference between the two).

Also, I'm looking at some used 05 LGT's in the US (cheaper to buy there) and I found another 05 LGT non-LTD. Does the US model have power seats for that year? Or neither?:icon_conf

ah...boo :(

Not that I really need power seats, but it just gives that nice infinite adjustment which is useful for getting a good driving position, especially when driving manual.

I dunno about you guys, but if I'm like 1" off from my driving position, it screws me all up! :lol:

ah...boo :(

Not that I really need power seats, but it just gives that nice infinite adjustment which is useful for getting a good driving position, especially when driving manual.

I dunno about you guys, but if I'm like 1" off from my driving position, it screws me all up! :lol:

Yeah I try not to adjust mine. :lol:

cool...thanks guys! I'm sure I'd be fine with manual seats...I just always wanted a manual car with power seats...so I can get that extra perfect seating position (my Mazda 6 is automatic, but I have power seats). But its no big deal ;)

Guess I'm in the minority - prefer manual seats. Less weight, one less system to develop electrical problems, and so much easier / quicker so slide forward & back when vacuuming a car's interior! I've owned 4 cars so far - all manual seats - never wished i had power.

Guess I'm in the minority - prefer manual seats. Less weight, one less system to develop electrical problems, and so much easier / quicker so slide forward & back when vacuuming a car's interior! I've owned 4 cars so car - all manual seats - never wished i had power.

What he said. Hate my wife's power seat. That seat motor needs a turbo...too effin slow.

It is still ugly.

Guess I'm in the minority - prefer manual seats. Less weight, one less system to develop electrical problems, and so much easier / quicker so slide forward & back when vacuuming a car's interior! I've owned 4 cars so far - all manual seats - never wished i had power.

+1

OTOH, LGT manual seat is dumb, because it does not have separate tilt/height adjustment. I am okay in the seat, but could have been better.

There are some "fast" power seats...but all i've seen them on are mercedes...

Nifty feature incase ur really REALLY need space getting out. After opening the door, the steering wheel moves all the way up, and the seat goes down and moves back a bit. When you get in and start the car, it goes back to the last memory setting. Cool if you have 90 something grand to buy it.

There are some "fast" power seats...but all i've seen them on are mercedes... Nifty feature incase ur really REALLY need space getting out. After opening the door, the steering wheel moves all the way up, and the seat goes down and moves back a bit. When you get in and start the car, it goes back to the last memory setting. Cool if you have 90 something grand to buy it.

The Cadillac SRX does this too. My grandfather has parkinsons and doesn't have a lot of strength to climb into a high SUV, or lift himself out of a low car. The SRX is programmed at a comfortable level when he opens the door to climb in, and then when he turns the car on, it moves up and towards the steering wheel for a driving position. When he shuts the car off, it goes back and lowers for easy access out of the car.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

My 05 LGT has separate tilt and height adjustment.

:confused:

I believe he's talking about separate tilt and height adjustments for the bottom cushion, not the seatback. The jack mechanism raises the seat bottom but changes its angle or tilt at the same time. You can not adjust the two independently with the 05 manual seat.

:lol: I a m talking about when I get in the car and the seat is moved forward because of the wife.

Don't let the missus drive your car. Or get one the same size as you...both my wife and I have the seats all the way back. Now if I can just convince her to place the mirrors the same way that I like them.

It is still ugly.

Does anyone know if the power seat motor / track / mechanism takes away headroom that would otherwise be available with manual seats?

I'm 6'3", would prefer driving without neck pain, and find that I prefer manual seats in some other cars because power seats take up an inch or two of headroom.

Similarly, does anyone know if the moonroof also eats up headroom that would otherwise be freed up by not having it?

The power seats also go up/down, and the down is quite low. I'm 6' and I actually raise the seat a couple inches (and still have plenty of headroom with the moonroof).

The best thing to do is probably just give a GT Limited a try and make sure you fit, which I'm sure you will.

OK, I believe I found an inferred answer to my moonroof question in the '07 Legacy brochure. It seems the moonroof eats up around 2-3" of headroom.

I'd like as much headroom as I can possibly get, whether or not I already fit as it is. All the Legacy's I've tried on dealer lots either had power seats or the moonroof or both, but none had none of these features.

In my last car, the power seat mechanisms did eat up a couple of inches of potential headroom.

I ask only because even though I'm intent on getting a Legacy with manual seats, if I do happen to run into one that has power seats but can be had for an outrageous deal, I want to see if it'll work out for me.

Archived