LegacyGT.com

New Hid - Output? Aiming? Color?

legacy4me

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/michael229/hid61jr.png The dark area circled, I have that on my lights. Not sure what it is.

Your bulbs may not be positioned in the lenses correctly, thus leading to decreased ouput and the optical abberations that your are noticing. It could be that the bulb itself was set-up properly in the new base (to deep or too shallow) thus affecting its position in the lense housing.

Just a guess.

ignore him, he'll go away.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the OP: 6000k bulbs aren't the best for lumen output to the road. Sucks but that's just the way it is. i'm currently running a 5000k Xtec kit on my LGT and the light output is great. Little bit of blue with intense white. The reason that the 6000k kits aren't that good is because of lumens and the color of the bulbs. If you can talk to the vendor of your kit, possibly swap bulbs back at restock fee and have them send you new ones. The H7 kits are some of the best lighting optics on the market while the retro HID kits that some members here make are the best.

best of luck.

There's a reason HID kits are illegal to import into Canada...

they are illegal in North america as well, but the Legacy optics does a good job in handking the HID output.

+1 on the XTEC kit. Mine are very bright and white and I do not have that spot that you mention:

http://deexboy.com/albums/album28/IMG_5017.sized.jpg

FYI, the quality of the ballast also plays a role on how good your output is.

X

---

Just get rid of the yellow band of light/glare above the cutoff. :D

-Mike-

Yeah I know, but I am still on the fence about selling the car, so I may revert it back to halogens before selling it. If i decide to keep it, then I will fill in the holes.

X

---

new bulbs will color shift after a couple hundred hours of use and stay that color for a while and slowly dimish over time. a new bulb will be much brighter and whiter then a 3 yr old bulbf of the same model. it will be a higher kelvin. oem actually use 4100k bulbs, however they are referred to as 4300K by most becuase thats the color they shift to once they are broken in.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Can you get XTEC bulbs (not sure if they are made by XTEC) but I believe they are higher quality than Apexcone.

Some users have also had good luck with the McCulloch's. Maybe you can see how much the McCulloch replacement bulbs go for.

X

---

I think all ballasts use the same 2 prong connector, but you would have to verify that.

I believe Jinsu Power here on the site sells McCulloch's, or try ebay.

Check the vendor's forum.

Also RPM sells both XTEC and Apexcone.

X

---

• 3 weeks later...

CREO I need your help.....

attached to the shield is a little tab that goes diagnol inward from the shield..

I pushed it down flat to try and cover the rectangle hole...

Now I get a nasty rainbow above the cutoff that reminds me of something out of a michael jackson video..

Would I need to bend the shield back or no?

So I think I'm going to remove the lights again this weekend and try and fix the shield and fill in the rectangle hole. hopefully I can do it without f-ing it up even more. I feel like when I drive at night like I'm broadcasting gay pride or something.(not that I don't like gay people or anything I just don't want to give off the wrong impression of what I'm into(women). )

• 3 weeks later...
Im sick of my 6,000k's! They are too blue for my liking, I feel I am straining to see what isnt 3 feet in front of the car. Also, the cut off is not as distinct becuase the blue/purple seems to just fade into the darkness. 4,300k is what bulbs im going to buy. only problem is my manufacturere doesnt make them. I can't get a new kit though. I will just talk to some vendors about what bulbs will work.

^ Try 5000K if that's easier for your current setup - you should notice a good bit of improvement from your 6000Ks.

If you can't get 4300Ks, the next target to try and reach would be 4600K - usually, OEM ranges between 4300 and 4600, and unless you're more sensitive to the yellower end of the spectrum, these would be virtually "tied," visually, from behind the wheel. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I just got an Acura TL headlamp from our bodyshop here and plan on getting another one and removing the projector's and trying to retro those into my legacy. What sucks is that I have a HID kit allready and I will have to get new bulbs inorder to use these projector's but once done it will look great.

I just got an Acura TL headlamp from our bodyshop here and plan on getting another one and removing the projector's and trying to retro those into my legacy. What sucks is that I have a HID kit allready and I will have to get new bulbs inorder to use these projector's but once done it will look great.

its too big...and i would advice against it.... you are seroiusly better off getting a pair of rx330 non afs headlights and rertoing it along with a clear lens, or get a set of rx330 afs ones to work

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Archived