LegacyGT.com

Spec.B vs. Mazdaspeed6 video

I am sure the Mazda owner was a sh1tty driver........:rolleyes:

I'd say he's of average ability... not that I'm any better. It seems the way the MS6 clutch is set up makes it a tough car to drive perfectly. When you hit second gear really hard it sounds like the world is going to end.

Since you are new, the :rolleyes: that wukindada is using implies sarcasm :lol:

Really... then what does :lol: mean?

Thanks for the emoticon lesson, I picked it up on my own though.

I understood the sarcasm, I just didn't want my buddy's driving skills to take the blame. I mean, most of it should really be attributed to my superhuman driving ability...or the TDC e-tune :icon_wink .

i love the quietness. ****** love it!!!! no one knows what the hell is going on when i take off and its hard for others to know how much i'm really on the go pedal. way to reel him in. both cars are cool, but lgt ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Maybe the Speed was running on 91 octane?

Nope he's running 93.

The SpecB had a tune (it's right there in the opening text) - it wasn't a true stock to stock comparison.

Yea, the spec b has a TDC stg 1 e-tune, explaining why the car pulls away from MS6.

But even stock for stock, the spec b would pull ahead and maintain a lead out of the hole or from a 1st gear roll on. Of course its alot closer.

But in a low speed 2nd gear roll-on, the MS6 owns the stock legacy. With the MS6's short gears and low end torque, it really takes off out from 20 mph....

I'm interested to see what would happen from a second gear roll-on when the LGT is stage 1.

I'll have to get some more vids.

I happened to test drive a new MS6 today while my car was getting serviced. Actually it was my minivan. I had to trade in my GT a few months back.

Anyway, I was a bit dissapointed. The shifter/transmission felt great, but the clutch was horrible. I'm no expert, but it seems impossible to shift smoothly, especially when accellerating quickly. I also didn't find the seats to be any more supportive than the Legacy, and the leather is just as slippery. You can definately feel the extra pounds as well.

Just my opinion of course.

Chris

(Not performance related, but there is no trunk pass-through, so no skis without a rack.)

I know the car wasn't broken in (only 100 miles) but I don't see how it would "own" a GT anywhere in the rev. range.

swear to god. stock for stock, if a gt and ms6 roll-on from around 15-20 mph in second gear, the ms6 is going to pull a car length before the LGT hits boost.

But it has to shift into 3rd early, so a LGT will reel it in a bit.

Archived