LegacyGT.com

Long Time Lurker - Now New Owner

Well, after a long wait i finally got my new Atlantic Blue LGT 5M Wagon two weeks ago, and just passed the 1000 mile break-in tonite. So, i thought i'd finally de-lurk and post here.

What can i possibly add that hasn't already been covered? This thing car is fantastic!! Finally opened it up a bit and the motor really pulls, especially in third gear. I think the overall refinement, utility, and value of the car just can't be beat.

I've already started the modifications (i'm an incurable tinkerer) - Toyo T1-S Tires & Osram headlights. The windows will be tinted on Sat. and my short-throw shifter got here today. Next, i plan to tackle the audio section, following Centerpunch's excellent iPod integration techniques.

For the pictures hounds, here is an obligatory shot after a weekend wash & wax.

Legacy.jpg.98a4c7c1104244d2baceadc9a89dad5e.jpg

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Lots of great information and cool people on this site - hope it stays that way! The Atlantic Blue color is growing on me. Originally, i had planned for Regal Blue, then found Satin White intriguing, and eventually settled on AB. I've had black trucks for years now, and it's nice to finally have some color, as well as enjoy lower maintenance. More pictures to come tomorrow - car will be tinted.

Other than the sunroof, that is identical to my car. :) Atlantic Blue is a great color. I think Subaru did a good job with all the colors, but the AB was my favorite from the first time I saw it. To answer the comment about the tires: I came to my LGT from a truck, so although the tires may be crap (according to those who know such things), this car handles 100 times better than what I came from. So, relative to what I know, the tires are pretty darn good. And knowing that things will only be better with new tires, I have something to look forward to.

First off, Trouter, Great car, and great pics, you lucky dog. You have joined the ranks of those whetting my appetite for a Legacy. [quote name='Halcyon']I think Subaru did a good job with all the colors, but the AB was my favorite from the first time I saw it. [/quote] I think this deserves a qualifier. The colors that Subaru offer on the Legacy are indeed great colors, and they all look good, except that green is a little out of character for the lines of the car. I just wish they offered a couple more colors. Namely San Remo Red, and Chrystal Grey. WR-Blue would be nice, too, on an STi Legacy... Fingers crossed for '06 or '07. I have recently seen a bright red Lexus IS300, and a Hellrot Red E36 BMW, and pics of the red Saabaru 92x. I already have (wife's, actually) a classic red Miata, but I want a bright red Legacy, too. Sorry for the jaunt off-topic. Back to admiring the picture above, and wishing Trouter well with his new Legacy GT.

Archived