LegacyGT.com

Yaahooo !! Just finished with my HID project (pics inside)

power_getter

Blacked out a bit around the high beam, around the projector ring, and outboard of the signal reflector would be hawtness. Either satin, non-reflective black, or somehow tinting the chrome down to a hyperblack... spray-on tinting, maybe?... just thinkin' yours look great, but I have a thing for black headlights...

More info on the flexible LED arrays, please. It would be interesting to see how they are mounted into that refractor insert.

It would be cool to to have two stripes (like yours looks to be) of white parking elements, and a forward facing amber/yellow bright strip, and maybe some amber LEDs facing backward from that position, into the reflector, too. That is a lot of LEDs, though :D

Just thinking... the european market or Japanese market headlights won't even matter, since the low beam projector gets changed, and the cutoff remains LEFT hand drive oriented... And the imported headlight cases might have that nifty balast container...

Truly great work, and nice job.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look up my walkthrough in the "Walk-Throughs" section, or simply cross-search the term "DDE" with me as the author.

Different "eyes" will install with varying levels of difficulty. An un-supported CCFL halo ring, like the RPM ones, are very intricate looking - but you'll have to exercise the greatest amount of care during installation (very inflexible and easy to crack, due to the fact that it's unsupported; and yes, if you don't mount them right, and they encounter enough stresses during everyday driving, you'll again crack them), while the "surrounded" LED ones are undeniably the toughest (in terms of ease of "handling") but are also sub-par when it comes to light output as well as overall aesthetics.

Opening the headlights as well as wiring are all common factors, so that's not an issue. The real concern is how easy or hard the rings are to handle/place/embed.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Sorry I didn't update this thread.

I recomended custom dynamics over ultraLed

After using both for 2 months few led's from the parking lights dead:spin: Any way I lost my car 1 year back, so it doesn't matter :icon_cry: I really miss that car :icon_cry:

Let's back on topic >

I'm sure (Stingerz) modelfrom CustomDynamics will work fine, so anyone in US can order this one instead of cheap UltraLED :mad:

http://customdynamics.com/stingerz_led_accent_lights.htm

It can be attached side way, so it's very easy to work with ;)

Regarding Gialla Angel eye, it's very nice product, but toooo expensive I got mine from japanparts, I haven't any problem to attached them to the reflector around the projector, but there is another product cheaper than gialla and just work well

This one for example: http://www.retro-solutions.com/premiumccflangeleyes.html

If you have any quasion, just ask I'll be very happy to help other members. :)

.......................................................................................

So how did you run the wire from the angel eyes inside the headlight to the outside? Just trying to figure out the cleanest way to do this. Thanks!

I drilled some very small holes.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10461&d=1128227306

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10464&d=1128227379

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10462&d=1128227379

The picture and captions are fully explained in the thread:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19784&highlight=ccfl

No doubt your setup will have the wires coming from another area, but it should not matter, a careful hole - or set of holes - will easily allow you to get a clean, virtually "invisible" install.

And yes, if the wires aren't "bare" (i.e. if they already have connector ends fitted), you will have to snip the wires and then re-hardwire in order to get the smallest possible diameter pass-through hole(s).

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

No problem. :) I mentioned it a couple of times to you in the past, but since you kept asking the questions, I thought you might have had difficulty in searching it up. :)

Bear in mind, please, that it's definitely not the only way to do things - and please *DO* read through the follow-up pages on that thread, as there are many good tips from our fellow brothers and sisters that are "tagged on" to that initial article - and these tips can *significantly* ease the technical difficulty of your instal/modification procedures!

Perfect, I just ordered some 105! Can't wait.

Wait a second the diy front lip is tacky but putting angel eyes on a 30k car isn't? Someone is showing their ricer fan boy roots :rolleyes:

TSI + WRX great writeup even though i cant say i'm a fan of the mod.

^ Thankyee. :)

And hey now, hey now! I'm guilty on BOTH counts! :lol:

----

BTW, I was reminded just yesterday why the DIY "rubber lip" is a practical "need" for me.

A hard lip - of any material/finish - would have gotten massively F'ed-up in the parking lot of my local drug-store....

I couldn't believe how much deflection I'd subjected my DIY lip to, in that one trip alone. :eek:

Wait a second the diy front lip is tacky but putting angel eyes on a 30k car isn't? Someone is showing their ricer fan boy roots :rolleyes:

TSI + WRX great writeup even though i cant say i'm a fan of the mod.

So are BMW's rice? They cost quite a bit more then 30k and come standard with them.

I'm pretty sure a 2 dollar piece of foam falls much farther into that category then angel eyes. If I went a bought glow sticks and epoxied them to the inside of my headlight housing, that would be rice and would go great with my garage door lip. :rolleyes:

Ah, but there's the difference - BMWs came up with this particular aesthetic statement...."drafting" it for our use can, indeed, in the eyes of some, be "rice."

The problem with anything aesthetic is just that - some may like it, others, not. :)

So 90% of people driving Legacys are rice because they put some form of HID's in (which they should have come with)? LoL

Yep, some people see it that way.

The lighting purists would say that anyone running anything other than full retrofits are ricers, and I can see where they're coming from (although I don't necessarily agree, as a "lighting hobbyst," myself, in several different forms, yes, I can at least understand where their lines-of-reasoning lead) - performance is far from optimized with the p-n-p kits, and certainly, control of glare (although acceptable), as well as visual artifacts are both sub-par.

I never refer to anything as "rice" because everyone has their own opinion on it. This could go on forever, but is absolutely pointless. Haha!

That's me, too.

Everyone has their own definition of such subjective things. :)

Altezzas are rice right? But are stock IS300s? Same deal, the car that starts the fad is excluded from how others have jacked the idea and applied it to whatever. Your right this could go back an forth forever but i can't stand "angel eyes" and thought i would post my opinion. [/soapbox]

TSI+WRX I have already hit a few ice chunks in the road with my DIY lip and the thing just keeps ticking. Even after i upgrade to a sti ripoff i'll stipp toss the diy back on for winter just to save from buying a new one every spring. Maine is harsh.

Archived