LegacyGT.com

I hope this won't happen on any Subaru! (touch wood)

So, i have received a letter from Audi about my A4's "recall". It says that all VW/Audi Turbo Engines which were made from 1997~2004, have some kind of oil problem that cannot be fixed. :evil: they will only extend the warranty for 2 years, and that's their solution for "fixing" the engine!!!:o :o :o :o :o :o WTH???? i paid 30K for it!!!!!!!! I was thinking to sell my 03 A4 just now, yet the resale price is awlful. Damn. Good luck to all of you! AUDI SUCKS :!:

I thought VW extended the engine warranty to EIGHT years UNLIMITED milage. I understand the problem concerns oil sludge build up because of high temps in surrounding the turbo resulting in coking. Time to switch to full synthetic oil. Hey 8 years/unlimited is better than whatSubaru gives us!

No, they expect that consumers won't think of these things. VW is giving consumers an EIGHT YEAR UNLIMITED MILAGE ENGINE WARRANTY. Do you actually think VW will buy cars back? Grow up. P.S.: This has appeared in many newspapers and magazines already.

[quote name='Deer Killer']/nelson haha! Really, if you bought an audi and planned on keeping it past warranty......[/quote] Yeah, we have two..a S8 and A8..the tranny was re-built in the A8 and the engine was REPLACED at 50k miles.. Now the S8 is showing signs of iffyness.. We will never buy Audis again.

[quote name='B4_Maniac'][quote name='Deer Killer']/nelson haha! Really, if you bought an audi and planned on keeping it past warranty......[/quote] Yeah, we have two..a S8 and A8..the tranny was re-built in the A8 and the engine was REPLACED at 50k miles.. Now the S8 is showing signs of iffyness.. We will never buy Audis again.[/quote] Audi makes a damn fine car too... Good motors, AWD, some of the best interiors. My Dad owns a TT Roadster and my Step-Mom has an A6 and they are sweet cars... but good lord are they un-reliable.

[quote name='GT Ski'][quote name='B4_Maniac'][quote name='Deer Killer']/nelson haha! Really, if you bought an audi and planned on keeping it past warranty......[/quote] Yeah, we have two..a S8 and A8..the tranny was re-built in the A8 and the engine was REPLACED at 50k miles.. Now the S8 is showing signs of iffyness.. We will never buy Audis again.[/quote] Audi makes a damn fine car too... Good motors, AWD, some of the best interiors. My Dad owns a TT Roadster and my Step-Mom has an A6 and they are sweet cars... but good lord are they un-reliable.[/quote] "damn fine car" + "un-reliable" = oxymoron

[quote name='GT Ski'][quote name='B4_Maniac'][quote name='Deer Killer']/nelson haha! Really, if you bought an audi and planned on keeping it past warranty......[/quote] Yeah, we have two..a S8 and A8..the tranny was re-built in the A8 and the engine was REPLACED at 50k miles.. Now the S8 is showing signs of iffyness.. We will never buy Audis again.[/quote] Audi makes a damn fine car too... Good motors, AWD, some of the best interiors. My Dad owns a TT Roadster and my Step-Mom has an A6 and they are sweet cars... but good lord are they un-reliable.[/quote] Yeah...this seems contridictory to me....Audi is a good car, but it's a bad car? Mark

Nice and reliable are not mutually exclusive. Take the example of an ornate Colt rifle. Some of them are absolutely stunning: Gold and silver inlay, exotic hand carved and polished wood, ornately carved trim patterns. Some of them are works of art and most of them, I’d bet, don’t shoot strait. The fact that it can not shoot strait does not detract from its outward beauty. Audis are damn fine on the points previously enumerated. The S4, for example, is a kick ass car. The motor is powerful, the Trans is nice, the car is very solid feeling, the brakes are powerful, it has AWD, and the interior is top rate. Brand new it is one amazing vehicle. Drive it for some time and it may or may not hold up very well.

[quote name='STG']No, they expect that consumers won't think of these things. VW is giving consumers an EIGHT YEAR UNLIMITED MILAGE ENGINE WARRANTY. Do you actually think VW will buy cars back? Grow up. P.S.: This has appeared in many newspapers and magazines already.[/quote] i figured they were sending letters to only the owners, and wouldnt press release it. was it in the LA TIMES? road and track? car and driver? and no i dont think they would buy it back, but it wouldnt hurt to try and push it.

iamEJ25, Volkswagen may have wanted to keep notification among owners only, but it has appeared in The Wall Street Journal, Car and Driver and other publications. You could try to "push it," but you would loose in court. Why push it when even you think they wouldn't buy it back. If your car doesn't have the sludge problem, you have NO DAMAGES to sue for. If you car has the problem, you are covered by an eight year unlimited milage warranty. So, why would the court force VW to buy back your car? I can see the headlines now: "SUPERIOR COURT JUDGE RULES IN FAVOR OF iamEJ25 - FORCES VW TO BUY BACK PERFECTLY FUNCTIONING AUDI" :D :D :D

ok, but id lose cuz i dont have an audi...but i figured thered be hope for my 3 cousins who have a 99,02, and 03 A4 1.8T's. so if the engine does fcuk up, its under the warranty. i'll let them know to get rid of it before its up, but they havent recieved any letters yet. ps: there is 1 "o" in "lose" :)

[quote name='Deer Killer'][quote name='boxman'] "damn fine car" + "un-reliable" = oxymoron[/quote] Think about it like dating a supermodel..[/quote] Like a Lamborghini Gallardo? Now that's one car I wouldn't care if it had some problems. I would treat her very well.

Man I loved my A4 and if the deal had fallen thru with the Leg I might still have it! 'Course mine was a 2.8, but I was starting to get that uneasy feeling, even though the car only had 56k on it, that at any time it could just take a $1000 crap on me. So I made a pre-emptive strike trading it in for the LGT. My parents still have an A6 Avant 2.8 (wagon) and have had fairly good luck with it. Everything except the brake job has been a warranty issue I think.

Archived