LegacyGT.com

AT vs MT performance?

I've got a 5EAT OBXT, spend way too much time in traffic (drive about 30k a year too) - I'll give up that off the line performance gladly. Drive both & see what matters the most to you :)

My previous vehicle was an 04 FXT, manual tranny - awesome 0-30 acceleration if you launched it from 4k+, but it was a pain in stop & go traffic.

Agreed.

I've belonged to the Honda VTX Owners Association for a few years and we have the same dialogue over there. If the only posts were new and fresh then the board would soon dry up. Searching is a good thing but our search engine is pretty broad. Tough to get a specific result.

14.1@96mph with the 5EAT stage 1, brake torqued to 3200 rpm. If you get the AP you'll basically run what manuals run stock. If you're doing a lot of merging or need the acceleration, sport or manual mode works well. I autocross regularly, and manual mode works very well for it. Now if only I had wider tires...

Agreed.

A modicum of DD is only polite. There is a wealth of information on this site and bringing oneself up to speed (pun intended) is beneficial to the commnity if only in the fact that it enables one to ask more informed questions.

Thanks for the links, Knox, those are the figures I was looking for.

So now I have to figure whether the extra performance is worth the wait. There's no telling when the next MT LGT Wagon will appear on cars.com / autotrader / whatever. I'm not in a huge hurry, but... well I'm just whining now, I'll stop. :)

Archived