LegacyGT.com

I'm very angry @ Subaru and need advice

uberpollo

I've had all the problems that everyone else has, wheel bearings, bad fan relay, replace the ECU because of it........

I also started having the problem with the ill 5, ill 6 changing on its own. Now it isn't the end of the world, but very annoying none the less. While the car was in last week for all the other problems, they diagnosed the issue as a bad switch and ordered the switch to replace it.

Now yesterday I dropped it off to have the switch replaced along with the new fan relay and ECU. I received a call to come pick the car up since they were finished with it. When I showed up the service area was closed, but the sales department had my car. They had me sign the service documents and sent me on my way. When I got to the car I noticed right away the new sticker on the inside front door well of the drivers side, but didn't pay any attention to it. When I started my car I also noticed right away that my odometer read zero, not the trip odometer either. So I open the door back up and take a look at the sticker and realize that it states that the odometer has been replaced in this vehicle and any reading on the odometer must be added to the total from this sticker to represent the actual milage on the vehicle.

No call to let me know this was happening. No explanation from service. I would have gladly lived with the petty annoyance of watching the ill5, ill6 rather than the result I got.

Am I making too much out of this? I feel like when I go to trade the car or sell it, there will always be hesitation from a buyer about whether or not I'm a thief.

I haven't talked to the dealership or SOA about this issue yet. I don't want to go off half cocked if this is a common practice and I'm the dumbass.

I would love some feedback from the people in this forum.

Well the saga continues......

I called SOA and talked to a customer service representative about my situation. She was remarkably unhelpful and basically took the position of if it was an item that needed to be fixed, then they fix it.

She was unwilling to understand my view or any of the points that I had made about their actions damaging my ability to sell my car or expect a fair trade value because of their decision.

I also called the dealership in question (who shall remain nameless until this situation is resolved) and they were more helpful. Their options were to send the cluster to SOA and have the exact mileage put on it, but it would still carry the scarlet letter of a car that has had the odometer replaced. Their other option was to buy the car back from me at wholesale which would leave me responsible for making up the difference, which I feel their actions are responsible for.

Holy shit, where's the Advil.

but it didnt need to be I guarantee it.

and that is the retarded part.

Again...

Wierd. What's on the invoice?

There should be tech comments. You should also have the part number for the cluster. Perhaps the problem wasn't with the rheostat on the dial, but something else.

Having the odometer replaced is not a big deal, move on....

I agree... If they did in fact change the cluster out Subaru doesnt set the mileage on the new ones, they just put that sticker on the door.

move on... nothing to see here....

tHe HoV

I think the point is that the dealership should have called to let him know and given him the option to replace the odo or not. I know exactly what dealership you're talking about. I got mine from their Olathe location. Decent guys down there afaik.

I think the point is that the dealership should have called to let him know and given him the option to replace the odo or not. I know exactly what dealership you're talking about. I got mine from their Olathe location. Decent guys down there afaik.

I guess it would depend on the laws in Ohio.

In Florida, I have to sign on the dotted line if I want an estimate before repairs are made.

It's warranty work. They aren't going to replace a super expensive cluster if it's just the dial. Nobody makes money that way, especially Subaru.

If they replaced an expensive part under warranty, they probably needed to replace an expensive part under warranty.

Having the odometer replaced is not a big deal, move on....

Yeah my 99 only has 4200 miles on it.

I am not at all impressed with Subaru customer service or there goldstar (whatever it is) service centers.

If TSX came in AWD it would be my next car. And that would be the end of this bullshit I took from Subaru. Pisses me off just thinkin about it.

Yeah my 99 only has 4200 miles on it.

In so far as the odometer was replaced...

Only a dumby who couldn't read a door sticker and add numbers with more then 1 significant digit would think the car had only 4200 miles on it.

It's documented, and not only is it recorded with Subaru, it's also public record.

Not a big deal.

Archived