LegacyGT.com

Any bodykits for the new 2005 Legacy GT?

legacygt2005

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Something to level the car out so-to-speak. When following the lines (with your eyes) from the rear of the LGT to the front, it's not hard to notice that the front end becomes skinny, while the rear is nice & fat. If there were a lip that helped even the look out... I'd be all over like like white on rice!
It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

[quote name='Xenonk'] 2. Their "hybrid aero" is probably a combination to carbon fiber and ABS plastic mold. The underside or the skeleton is probably made from a JDM OEM bumper shell which is reworked with carbon fiber and bondo here and there, coated with body gel and harden. Keefe[/QUOTE] Hybrid aero is actually a combination of fiberglass and urethane. It allows the body kit pieces to flex. It is much more durable and flexbile than regular fiberglass.

I wonder if they sell the 'rain gaurds' that are displayed in the wagon picture, in post #89 separately? I would like to add those to my sedan...if they make them for one...and stop all this rain from hitting me. I am not a fan of the plastic window rain guards. Hmm...one can hope, eh?

[quote name='inthedeck']I wonder if they sell the 'rain gaurds' that are displayed in the wagon picture, in post #89 separately? I would like to add those to my sedan...if they make them for one...and stop all this rain from hitting me. I am not a fan of the plastic window rain guards. Hmm...one can hope, eh?[/QUOTE] :confused: I do not see what you are referring to in that pic. I haev the EDM Subaru rain guard on my car. and it's a lot wider than whatever you see on that wagon (which I dont see it at all).
Keefe

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Xenonk']:confused: I do not see what you are referring to in that pic. I haev the EDM Subaru rain guard on my car. and it's a lot wider than whatever you see on that wagon (which I dont see it at all).[/QUOTE] Look at the roof of the wagon...there are these 'rails' so to speak, that span from the front, to the back. That would be better than window guards...IMHO. I wish someone would offer those, color matched, of course.

[quote name='SQC049']What JDM front bumper do I need to fit this lip on my car. I know that I need one of the JDM bumpers, which is it? [img]http://www.trial.co.jp/osaka/original/tryaero/images/bp5_12.jpg[/img][/QUOTE] It's the 2.0GT front bumper.
Keefe

i'd like to see something like these JDM SVX front lip "splitters" for the Legacy - they'd go nice with the Aero splashguards. RBS Aero - wanna make 'em? ;) [img]http://store1.yimg.com/I/svx-motorsport-accessories_1858_766979[/img]

[quote name='SVXWRX']i'd like to see something like these JDM SVX front lip "splitters" for the Legacy - they'd go nice with the Aero splashguards. RBS Aero - wanna make 'em? ;) [img]http://store1.yimg.com/I/svx-motorsport-accessories_1858_766979[/img][/QUOTE] They do, but it's more so integrated in some of the JDM bumpers.. just look around on [url]www.sclabo.com[/url] for it.
Keefe

[quote name='inthedeck']Look at the roof of the wagon...there are these 'rails' so to speak, that span from the front, to the back. That would be better than window guards...IMHO. I wish someone would offer those, color matched, of course.[/QUOTE] the "rails" you are referring to are roof gutters. The Sedan has them, but just not as pronounced as actually having a gutter.. if you look at the roof the sedan, you will see that the edge of the roof actually has a "bump" that keeps the water flowing to the windshields.. this eliminates the need for "rails" the "rails" are also an old-school design as well. I think on the Wagon, the "rail" is there to hide the holes for the roof rack and such, other than that, it's just there as an add-on cover.. think of it as having a car without foglights but you have fog light covers in place of them.
Keefe

[quote name='Xenonk']the "rails" you are referring to are roof gutters. The Sedan has them, but just not as pronounced as actually having a gutter.. if you look at the roof the sedan, you will see that the edge of the roof actually has a "bump" that keeps the water flowing to the windshields.. this eliminates the need for "rails" the "rails" are also an old-school design as well. I think on the Wagon, the "rail" is there to hide the holes for the roof rack and such, other than that, it's just there as an add-on cover.. think of it as having a car without foglights but you have fog light covers in place of them.[/QUOTE] right, and the ones on the wagon are the ones that I would like, color matched to my car. This would prevent water from spilling over from the roof, into my drivers/passengers' windows. Some may day that it doesn't look right, but I would like it, better than 'black' rails, or window gaurds.

[quote name='SVXWRX']i'd like to see something like these JDM SVX front lip "splitters" for the Legacy - they'd go nice with the Aero splashguards. RBS Aero - wanna make 'em? ;) [img]http://store1.yimg.com/I/svx-motorsport-accessories_1858_766979[/img][/QUOTE] PM me where to get a hold of them and we'll try what kind of lip spoiler to integrate to our new project

• 2 weeks later...
for K2K2 kit,,, there is no US distributor BUT you can order it direct from japan. email TOMO at [font=Helvetica][size=2] [email="info@luckystar.co.jp"]info@luckystar.co.jp[/email][/size][/font] [font=Helvetica][size=2]He will calculate total kit and freight costs for you.[/size][/font]

some of these look amazing. i have mixed feelings because 95% of the time, i'll be doing street driving and i'm sure they'll be fine save for the occasional bumps/dips. however, part of the reason I went with a legacy was for the AWD so that I could go skiing. my only concern is with a low front lip that I could end up plowing the road for everyone else. anyone else consider this when making mods?

[quote name='silverfool']some of these look amazing. i have mixed feelings because 95% of the time, i'll be doing street driving and i'm sure they'll be fine save for the occasional bumps/dips. however, part of the reason I went with a legacy was for the AWD so that I could go skiing. my only concern is with a low front lip that I could end up plowing the road for everyone else. anyone else consider this when making mods?[/QUOTE] yea, simple, it's called coilovers.
Keefe

Archived