LegacyGT.com

Going on vaca to baltimore have ??'s

2fst4u

^ Certaily will! :)

Crabs are more fun the more people gets in on the action! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A townhouse for 400K wow thats cheap....

I was watching the news last night how it's a buyer's market now if you can ignore the mortgage rates.. people just can't sell their houses for what they want.. I think some regions in Florida, the average drop was close to 10% of the expected price and California dropped around as much as 5%.. DC/VA area dropped around 2% and New York saw something like a 3.5% price drop. Texas area dropped down to around 5%+.

Market for selling a house at the expected price is dropping bad.. so it's a pretty good time to snag a house now..

Keefe

• 1 month later...

bump

my trip is this weekend.

my wife has a conference at 10:00 on Tuesday the 17th and we have to check out of the hotel. Our flight leaves that evening. So.... I have no clue what to do during the day and where the hell to put all of our luggage. I am guessing check-out is early. I emailed the hotel, so we shall see.

I am staying at the [ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?q=20+West+Baltimore+Street,+Baltimore,+MD+21201&ie=UTF8&z=14&ll=39.294056,-76.617622&spn=0.050284,0.11879&om=1&iwloc=A]Radisson HERE[/ame]

I will probably hit up little italy for food, since I am not a fan of seafood. I will probably also check out the aquarium and / or science place.

bump

my trip is this weekend.

my wife has a conference at 10:00 on Tuesday the 17th and we have to check out of the hotel. Our flight leaves that evening. So.... I have no clue what to do during the day and where the hell to put all of our luggage. I am guessing check-out is early. I emailed the hotel, so we shall see.

I am staying at the Radisson HERE

I will probably hit up little italy for food, since I am not a fan of seafood. I will probably also check out the aquarium and / or science place.

so when are you in town exactly??? We got a track weekend coming up on Friday, Saturday and Sunday ;) You're so close to the inner harbor, so you'll be fine.. as for your lugguage, that is a good question, I think normal checkout for the hotels around here is 11am..

Keefe

so when are you in town exactly??? We got a track weekend coming up on Friday, Saturday and Sunday ;) You're so close to the inner harbor, so you'll be fine.. as for your lugguage, that is a good question, I think normal checkout for the hotels around here is 11am..

I will be in Leesburg Fri night (late), Saturday, and half of Sunday. Then I will be in at the hotel (is that inner harbor?) Sunday late afternoon until Tuedsay evening.

Do the aquarium,,you wont regret it.

Little Italy,,good choice.Haven't been in awhile,,ask the maitre d at your hotel which rest.

+1 to both. :) And I'd also do the science-center, too, if you're interested in that kind of stuff and haven't been to at least the one in downtown Cleveland in a while (they're similar).

You may also want to try, since it's getting close to Halloween.... ;)

Edgar Allan Poe House

203 Amity Street

Baltimore, MD

410-396-7932

and

Edgar Allan Poe's Grave

Fayette & Greene Streets

Baltimore, MD

410-328-2070

And, of course, one of our favorites, the Walters Art Museum, at 600 N. Charles -

http://www.thewalters.org/default.aspx

Here's a more complete listing of area attractions:

http://baltimore.about.com/od/museums/

You're very close to a lot of the good stuff. :)

You're in a great location to take-in all that's downtown, a short cab-ride or drive to either the harbor or Little Italy.

Driving during peak rush-hour can be a bit tricky, but Baltimore Police typically has a decent grip on keeping traffic moving (as with many major cities, during peak rush, officers will actually co-ordinate traffic movements). Just remember that like all downtowns of its age/size, one-way grids are the norm, so as long as you've got that in-mind, you'll be fine.

At least while I was there, drivers tend to be decently non-aggressive, even during peak rush, on surface streets. Shouldn't need to worry about your LGT getting banged-up, if you're taking her for the ride.

Have fun!

PS: Call the actual hotel itself, if your e-mail doesn't get a response. They'll usually let you delay check-out for at least a few hours if you request doing so early enough. I think that the latest I've ever left a room was 3 or even 4 PM, when checkout was officially 11 AM.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Weather was really nice today. We went to a Rennisance Festival in Annapolis (I think) today. It was crazy huge and very interesting, the crowd was... well... intersting. Lots of boobies popping out of skimpy renissance outfits. Most of which I did not want to see.

During the day Monday and Tuesday I will be just chillin at the Radisson at inner harbor. Wanna lunch break drink?

Weather was really nice today. We went to a Rennisance Festival in Annapolis (I think) today. It was crazy huge and very interesting, the crowd was... well... intersting. Lots of boobies popping out of skimpy renissance outfits. Most of which I did not want to see.

^ Those events are always fun.

I've been to a couple when I was younger, and while I was never into that kind of stuff as a hobby, it was still always good fun. :icon_cool:)

well I am in Baltimore right now... chillin in the hotel on W. Baltimore... just blocks away from the convention center. Might go walk around the harbor now. Going to Cheesecake Factory tonight (I have actually never been to one). Anyone vote I should go somewhere else? I want to go to a unique place, but that has pasta and steaks and such.

The light rail was quite interesting. Ran into a drunk guy, and some other .... people.

Downtown was nuts when the Ravens lost by 2 points to the Panthers. I was down drinkin at the bar in the Radisson and a huge crowd of visiting panthers fans came through and it got crazy quickly.

Seems to be a very active downtown though.

I met a LGT member today! I was walking near Restaurant Row near the harbor and I see a silver LGT. Badgeless, smoked tails, rbs grill, prodrive rims, REALLY nice LGT. AND... the guy happened to be sitting in the car with his window down. I guess he lives very close to PGT and looked like a sercurity cop or something. He said he is not on the boards much. Super nice guy.

I think I might try something different for dinner tonight - resaurant row seemed to be a cool scene, might find something there.

I walked to the top of that big hill and overlooked the city. If I had a good camera I could take a skyline shot tonight - but my camera sucks.

Chris? CJK911? if that was him, last I spoke to him he was a firefighter out my way. :confused:

yup thats him

I knew it was something like that... his shirt had a badge.

I was accidentally in Leesburg on Friday - I took 267 too far... and found out the exit was BEFORE I paid that $$3.20 fee !!!! So I took Evergreen road all the way from Leesburg to Gum Spring road - which is where my sister lives (near rt 50).

should have PM'ed me! My place is about 3 miles from the end of the toll road (but the other direction from where you went).

well it was late and I was on my way to Aldi or however its spelled. My sisters 5,000 sq. ft. house was unreal to see.... and that was not even the largest model in the neighborhood. The houses in your area are crazy big and expensive.

They are still trying to sell their old townhouse. Asking $429k for it. I think its a little over 3k sq. ft. 3 stories, like them all. Anyone want it!?!? :lol: My brother in law works for Unisys and said he can get me a job out there... ummmm yea... .but I still can't afford your townhouse dude!

oh! he's got a small townhouse, eh? :lol: the one's in my neighborhood start there.....

and it's friggin nuts. we want a single family home, but geeze!! $600K++ out here, for a ten year old place. They aren't building 3k sq ft single family homes on 1/3 acres anymore. They are mega mansions on an acre for $1M+ or crammed in like townhomes for $800k. :mad:

<----- wants to move to NC where the salaries are high and the housing is cheap. :lol:

<----- wants to move to NC where the salaries are high and the housing is cheap. :lol:

Dan,,wifey and I are thinking the same after visiting my son who lives just outside the Wilmington/Southport area.Close to the beach and nice housing(small rancher,garage) is very reasonable.:icon_wink

yes, I know it well. Wrightsville is nice. My bro had a townhouse there while in college last decade. :lol: We are thinking Cary or Asheville....perhaps taking the equity in the house and buying a business. :)

Archived