LegacyGT.com

Going on vaca to baltimore have ??'s

2fst4u

I've been to a handful of places in B'more. It's a nice place to visit and see the night life. Watch where you walk, it's very easy to find yourself in the bad part of town if you go a few blocks too far.

Howl at the Moon - It's a piano bar and it's a lot of fun! Go on Saturday night and join along with singing Piano Man.

Hard Rock Cafe - I've been there twice and their service sucked both times. I don't think I would recommend them to anyone. You never know, your experince may be different.

ESPN Zone - A nice fun place to visit. They have games upstairs and large TVs in their main dining area to watch sports. When I had beers at their bar, it wasn't that great at all, the mugs smelled of fish... yuck! I'd go again, but not to their bar.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will be there until the 17th. I will be in Leesburg the night of the 13th, and until Sunday evening. Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday I will be in Baltimore.

Xenonk - thanks for the offer man!!! I have never been on a track, especially with a good driver. I could use some launching tips for SURE. I can't launch consistently.

oh, this aint your drag strip, this is a full blown road circuit ;) I can teach some launching, but not necessary.

Yea, just PM me whenever and I can drop you my cell and info and we can get together then.. Leesburg isnt too far off from the track (45 min to 60 min drive). I work in Columbia, which is about 20 minutes south of Baltimore. I can deal with taking an early and long lunch hours, :lol:

Keefe

2fst4u -

Oh, and I don't know how old/young you are, but hey, you're gonna be close enough to both the Hopkins and the UofM, Baltimore, parties. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I've been to a handful of places in B'more. It's a nice place to visit and see the night life. Watch where you walk, it's very easy to find yourself in the bad part of town if you go a few blocks too far.

Howl at the Moon - It's a piano bar and it's a lot of fun! Go on Saturday night and join along with singing Piano Man.

Hard Rock Cafe - I've been there twice and their service sucked both times. I don't think I would recommend them to anyone. You never know, your experince may be different.

ESPN Zone - A nice fun place to visit. They have games upstairs and large TVs in their main dining area to watch sports. When I had beers at their bar, it wasn't that great at all, the mugs smelled of fish... yuck! I'd go again, but not to their bar.

about the hardrock cafe the one in philly's service is horrible to i went there a couple times and it sucked

I'll second G&M, probably the best crab cakes I've had since moving here a year ago. Large chunks of crab, not overly greasy and not a lot of bread filling.

If you go for lunch, you can get a spectacular crab cake sandwich and fries for like...12 bucks.

Hijack...

To those who are raving about the G&M crabcakes have you ever had Coastal Flats crab cakes? Those are my favorites but I'm curious how they stack up against the G&M ones. There basically what Elec described. Large chunks of crab, no grease, no fillers.

Hijack...

To those who are raving about the G&M crabcakes have you ever had Coastal Flats crab cakes? Those are my favorites but I'm curious how they stack up against the G&M ones. There basically what Elec described. Large chunks of crab, no grease, no fillers.

where's the closest Coastal Flats??

Keefe

There is this japanese restraunt in one of the little shopping centers that line the harbor, It's in the same building as the Cheesecake factory and the California Pizza Kitchen, right across from Five Guys. I lived in Japan for three years and that was the first place that actually made me feel like I was eating in Japan in a long time. It's nothing to fancy but the way they did everything was near perfect. From the warm wash cloth they bring you. To the Yakitori chicken, the only place I have been to in america that made it even close to what real japanese yakitori tastes like.

if most people saw what crabs eat, they'd think like you too! :lol: I still love 'em though

^ I love eating the cockroach of the sea! :D

Seriously, like brother Keefe and many others here, after reading this thread, I am REALLY dying for some crabs in my tummy....... It's been so long since I've had fresh that I could probably do a bushel all by myself.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

PGT - FU, bro! :lol: Man, you guys suck! :p:lol: That makes me soooooo hungry! Drool.......

You have NO idea, brother, how good that looks...........

Xenonk - Last time I had a sit-down with a pile that very much resembled what brother PGT is teasing me with, I had to crack for both myself *and* Sara (who grew up in Cleveland, and thus was a noob to the crab-scene). Boy was I tired! :lol: Now, I just realized, I'll have to do so not only for her, but also, soon enough, for baby-Anna, too! :lol:

I think I'll actually be wasting more calories cracking shells than I would eating those crabs! Diet by eating!

^ Well, well, you suck, too, sir! :lol:

I'm totally jealous!

Allen,you know some places here will ship crabs .I have no idea how much though.

Or how bout I send you a can of some "Old Bay" crab(seafood)seasoning,and you could snort it every now and then.:icon_wink:lol:

LOL.. well, he has the cans of beer ready, he just needs to boil the crabs in them with some old bay.. G&M ships seafood out ;)

Keefe

^ Brothers jag and Xenonk -

My thanks - and also, you guys are just too much. :D

"Shipped" is all good....but there's nothing like sitting with a room-full of your fellow diners and hearing that "crack, crack" sound while you're diggin' into a fresh bushel.

:)

Before Anna, the wifey and I used to take annual trips over to Balto. ( since we both went to school there, and met there - I know, I'm a big sentimental softie! :lol: ) - I'm looking forward to taking Anna with us in the coming year or so, and physically "doing the crab thing" in-town.

Now *that* would be the proper way to cure my current itch. :D

Allen,,seriously,if you want I can ship some "Old Bay" to you. You can use it in alot more then just crabs ie. shrimp,fish dishes,salads etc.

And your right, eating crabs is a communal thing,the more the merrier.

Matter a fact I'm taking some Old Bay to my son in NC this year cause they dont sell it there either.

Pm me if you want,,:)

^ Thanks again, brother. :)

That's fortunately not necessary - my good cousin keeps me well-supplied with an ever-ready stash of the Old Bay. :) Yummy yummy for my steaks.

But sincerely, thanks! :)

^ Brothers jag and Xenonk -

My thanks - and also, you guys are just too much. :D

"Shipped" is all good....but there's nothing like sitting with a room-full of your fellow diners and hearing that "crack, crack" sound while you're diggin' into a fresh bushel.

:)

Before Anna, the wifey and I used to take annual trips over to Balto. ( since we both went to school there, and met there - I know, I'm a big sentimental softie! :lol: ) - I'm looking forward to taking Anna with us in the coming year or so, and physically "doing the crab thing" in-town.

Now *that* would be the proper way to cure my current itch. :D

let us know when you venture back out here, some of us can probably make it all out and join the crabby experience with ya.

Keefe

Archived