LegacyGT.com

Gauging Interest: RaceComp Street/Track Springs

The beauty of Ohlins struts is they have 25 levels of damping adjustment. Therefore, they are suited to a wide range of spring rates, from stock all the way beyond any standard spring that is available. So perhaps you would set them at 15 clicks from full soft for the RCE springs and 10 clicks for Pinks. Either way, they will bring the best out in any spring. The valving on the Ohlins is certainly beyond that of the Bilsteins (Ohlins is known for having some of the smoothest valving and most advanced technology around), but I can't say for sure how noticeable the difference would be. In our press release, we will have detailed technical info that should answer some of these questions more thoroughly.

-Dan

The beauty of Ohlins struts is they have 25 levels of damping adjustment. Therefore, they are suited to a wide range of spring rates, from stock all the way beyond any standard spring that is available. So perhaps you would set them at 15 clicks from full soft for the RCE springs and 10 clicks for Pinks. Either way, they will bring the best out in any spring. The valving on the Ohlins is certainly beyond that of the Bilsteins (Ohlins is known for having some of the smoothest valving and most advanced technology around), but I can't say for sure how noticeable the difference would be. In our press release, we will have detailed technical info that should answer some of these questions more thoroughly.

-Dan

Something with better valving then the Bilsteins?:D

Keep us informed. I will need something to replace my Bilsteins with in a year or two.

Technically they will work on the Outback BUT we can't exactly recommend it. Your ride height will be a LOT lower than stock, but if you are willing to deal with that it should work (in theory). You might want to try asking other Outback owners if they have run Legacy strut/spring combos with success before.

-Dan

It seems all the springs on the market now drop at least 1 inch. I personally would like to see a spring available that is similar to the JDM stockers, that is 25% to 30% stiffer and a .5 to .75 inch drop.
335HP/360Tq VF-22/1820 clone with Meth

• 1 month later...

As we get ready for the production of our Legacy springs...here is a teaser of the STi springs (ours are on the left, Ohlins coilover springs on right just for color clarification)...let us know if your interested, we will put you on a list, so that you can get first dibs on these.

http://www.rcephotos.com/photos/albums/Racecomp-springs-packaging/legacyRCE.sized.jpg

We don't have any official specs yet, but these, like the STi springs, will provide the best aspects of all springs combined into one.

I am sure they will be good, but they cannot be the best of everything, nothing is.

• 3 months later...

Archived