LegacyGT.com

Don't we all wish we had this problem?

jsalicru

Holy cow - check out the size of that thing! :eek:

With our puny stocker, I guess I'd be shopping for a rather small saucepan! :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ I originally thought about a pint..... :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

I thijnk the guy is brilliant. It looks excellent and cost maybe $25 had he purchased the "JDM" piece it would have cost $400.

Reminds me of when I read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintainence

and the snobby BMW owner freaked out about his buddy using a piece of aluminum beer can for a handlebar bracket shim rather than the 20 dollar German engineered stock BWM part. Could not see the result ,just the beer can.

I've used a beer can for a shim before...it works great. No harm in it whatsoever....not redneck engineering, by McGuyver resourcefulness.

I've got to say....I learned something about that when hiking in Argentina. The guides there know how to get by on very little. One remarked to me that he spent time in Montana and was struck by how the guides there tossed equipment that needed a McGuyver fix or that they relied on expensive stuff when a basic piece does the job. Odd, since both groups are equally capable....just depends on how 'upscale' you want to be. :lol:

http://www.illfindsomethingtoputhere.com/funforum/images/smilies/bowdown.gifhttp://www.illfindsomethingtoputhere.com/funforum/images/smilies/bowdown.gifhttp://www.illfindsomethingtoputhere.com/funforum/images/smilies/bowdown.gif

This Space For Rent

I think that I would need several pints to believe that this isn't a lameass idea......

As with brothers PGT and franklin, I beg to differ.

There's truly no reason why this home-made shield wouldn't work just as well as some fancy piece fab'ed up by an aftermarket company.

Ever look at the "generic" Injen Intake Heat Shield? Pretty much the same thing, only with "Injen" embossed on it and some pre-fab hardware.

One of the reason why I like DSMers so much - as well as old-school "hot-rodders" - is that they're so creative at problem solving, and aren't afraid to say "hey, this works well, so why not?"

Besides, it looks like this home-brew piece for this enthusiasts's Supra doens't have the fitment problems that some of us experienced with our fancy-pants Cobb heat-shield. :lol:;)

I think what brother jsalicru meant to say by putting this thing in "General Funny" is for us LGTers to have a look at this Supra's MONSTROUS tubo, and the humor is that he needed a friggin' roast-pot so that it'd be big enough to house his, snail.

The "scale" of the thing is what's funny to me, when a small saucepan would be honestly all that's needed to house even the "smallish" turbo that one of my local STi brother's 500+ wHP (conservative street-tune, on a *NOTORIOUS* heartbreaker of a Mustang dyno)......

well said Allen. I'd have no issues doing something similar.....SS is SS and as long as it fits and does the job....why not? Coat it black with some thermal spray and it's stealth and cheap and functional.

Archived