LegacyGT.com

Poll: Has Your Cooling Fan Malfunctioned On Your 05-06?

Vimy101

Have You Had a Malfunctioning Cooling Fan on your 05-06?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Have You Had a Malfunctioning Cooling Fan on your 05-06?

• Yes
    • No
    • Serial # Exceeds Fan TSB Affected Vehicles

Happened twice on mine. Had the ECU replaced in February 06 (about 22k miles on the car). It just started doing it again yesterday (32k miles).

I swear... if this car wasn't so much fun to drive, it would be gone by now...

I imagine that the longer this poll stays active, the higher the failure rate will be. I should have put a time limit on it. Perhaps a mod could edit the time parameter from open ended to closing after 4 weeks or so so that we can get a snap shot in time instead of a moving total that will get more innaccurate as the "no" voters begin to experience the malfunction. It would then be interesting to run the poll again in, say, 6 months to see if the percentages have changed.

Happened twice on mine. Had the ECU replaced in February 06 (about 22k miles on the car). It just started doing it again yesterday (32k miles).

I swear... if this car wasn't so much fun to drive, it would be gone by now...

+1 Cooling and "turbo vavle" so far

When I start the car the radiator fans are not on. Regardless of whether I use the AC or not, the fans will be blowing when I get to my destination. At my destination I can turn the car off and immediately back on and the fans will not kick back on. Dealer has ordered the new resistor.

Perhaps a mod could edit the time parameter from open ended to closing after 4 weeks

I set it up to end 15 days after 08-05-2006. PM me if you want a different date :icon_wink

I still think this is not a good sampling. First what percent of Legacy owners are on the site 20%? Then what percent read this pole 75%?

Talked to the dealer yesterday.. and the relay is backordered... nationwide is what he told me.... :icon_conf

Same here. At least a week to get my new ECM and relay.

Sounds like there's a low-flying airplane following me around :lol:

At the risk of hijack-

I have to take my car in this week for this reason. I am Ap stage 1 and will reflash to stock before my visit. Will the dealer be able to tell or give me grief?

Divorce the AP and you'll be fine. However, if they replace your ECU, you'll need to send the AP back to Cobb for an update. When they replaced mine, the AP would no longer recognize the car.

Archived