LegacyGT.com

Gas Mileage Question

I know it's a little pedestrian for a performance oriented car, but I'd love to get feedback on what kind of gas mileage people are getting on their LGTs. I'm getting around 15 city and 22 hiway. I've never been 25% off of EPA numbers before and I've read published test reports ranging from 15 to 22 as actual tested mileage (which presumably is hard mileage). My tailpipes are also continually black indicating a rich fuel mixture. So I thought an unscientific survey would be interesting. Thanks.

OK, for you non-Canadians.. you wouldn't be impressed..

but for others I got about 400km on a half tank and readout was saying

6.6 to 6.8 l/100 achieved on my most recent highway trip.

that's over 42 miles per Imperial gallon !!

over 35 MPG (US gallon) !!

and it's a personal best for this car

13,500km on the car

So far I've gotten 21.4-22.8mpg with mine. That's 30 mile round trips to work via the highway .. I usually travel around 80% highway. Granted, here in WV you have to climb hills all the time, so no one gets good mileage.

I got around 16 city when I was breaking it in and started getting 15 after break in. Compared to the others so far here, mine is low and your 17 might also be low. You probably need a few tankfuls though to get the real trend. My dealer said they "checked it out" and that it was fine ("your mileage may differ"). I don't think so. My brother has a '06 LGT that gets right on EPA numbers and he doesn't get a black tailpipe.

Really people getting anything above 24mpg+ impress me. If I drive like granny I can barely make that... Like 75-80 mph.

Is my LGT a gas-hog or I am a lead-foot anyway?

I've averaged roughly 23mpg over the life of my car (just over 7000 miles), mostly city driving. On long highway trips I've gotten up to 28mpg.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

18,000 miles, 21.1 AvgMPG to date.

Like Pheonix I can get 28 on trips, but it drops after I get bored of driving 70 and decide to make up a little time.

Lowest MPG was 18.5 a week after purchase and I was still in the '"Grin and Go" mode from stoplights.

I'm also curious as to whether anyone has had a fuel mileage issue solved, i.e, what the the problem might be.

You might want to try a 'Search' also: I know this has been discussed many times before. I do recall there was one 2.5i owner that was trying to get his lousy mileage addressed under warranty - sounds like he had a real problem. I get 20-22 MPG on average, myself.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

32hwy @ 75mph....

Overall avg 28:)

TDC for economy!!

hehe the more power you add the better fuel economy. Not many cars that run 12's (your going to run 12's with this setup right? ;)) hit over 30 mpg :) Amazing

According to the NAV/Info system readings if you're just tooling from light to light, you can easily "power coast" at 30mph in 4th. The instananeous mpg indicator buries itself and the throttle postion indicator barely blips. 40mph in 5th is no problem either. Now, you wouldn't want to accelerate hard with those low rpms but you can easily maintain speed or increase speed slowly. The boxer has a lot of torque. If I do let's say 30 mph in third, the engine is quite happy but the mpg goes down to less than 20.

I'm getting close to 25 mpg right now in 90F+ heat, very high humidity and the AC going all the time. I do a brisk freeway cruise and the Spec. sees numerous WOTs.

VT...I should be in the mid 12's.....with cooler temps hopefully in the 12.3 range, I'm really hoping to get a trap speed in the 116-120 range:)

If not......FP red is the next step;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

VT...I should be in the mid 12's.....with cooler temps hopefully in the 12.3 range, I'm really hoping to get a trap speed in the 116-120 range:)

If not......FP red is the next step;)

So just take a guess for me but how much did you invest in power mods to get to your power level. I am still split on selling my camaro and investing some into me leggy or keeping my cop magnet and leaving the scobby alone. I have more fun i guess building up cars engine and audio than keeping one for long. I have been in the domestic v-8 world for so long with this car that i am on a whole new learning kick. Any help you can give me would be great. If you wanna PM with some more info that would be cool. Thanks in advance.

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

Archived