LegacyGT.com

Holy Puffin' Stuff - It is HOT!

ZinFreak

We are baking here in Northern California (Northern Sonoma County to be exact). Here's a picture of my Oregon Scientific Weather gizmo. The external remote temp sensor is located in a shady part of the back of my house.

Be Well, Hell, Be Cool...

bake.jpg.0a370af860b11374d5f4eb5b3061bd1a.jpg

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Yeah, I was at my fiance's place in Benicia (near Vallejo) yesterday, and she has a studio apartment with no air conditioning. I was melting... Now I'm back at my house in the City (Sunset), and it's much nicer. :D

-Mike-

i looked quick i thought u were saying it was 221 degrees! i was like damn global warming is worse then i thought...

Guess you gotta read "the fine print". 115 degrees; it was like f'in insanely hot.

I went for a bike ride up to Healdsburg this morning at 9:00. By the time I got back at 10:30, it was 98 already. I drank 1 water bottle before I rode, and 2 on the road. I was stoopid hot when I got home, it was all I could do to get in a cold shower with out falling over.

I think the Giant CFR is going to get a rest until the high pressure system moves east and roasts the rest of the country.

I went out in bare feet about 5 PM to toss some dead cow on the que and burned my tootsies on the mat outside the door. The rubber was almost liquid.

The Margaritas have been going down smooth this afternoon.

Be well, be cool.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Yeah, it was crazy hot this weekend. I don't think I've ever seen temps this high for so long in the ten years I've lived here. I think we're going on our 9th spare the air day tomorrow. Last year we had a total of two.

We've had enough and are getting air conditioning installed this week.

Ken

I'm turning into a vampire. I only go out at night. Yesterday in Sacramento according to weather.com it got up to 118. Jaaaayyyysus!

I went to a drive-in on Friday night with my old convertible ('67 Satellite, if you care) and it was so hot we were sticking to the vinyl. yech.

Archived