LegacyGT.com

What should I ask for? 07 LGT Wagon pre-order

pengrus

One dealer already agreed to pre-order a 07 LGT Limited Wagon New Port Blue for invoice price. Is this a good offer or should I continue to push for a little better deal?

I heard about ad fee, prep fee, etc... What fees should I not pay besides the Invoice price?

Thank you very much!

I got the following offer:

07 LGT Limited Wagon New Port Blue

Invoice Price - $100

+ SALES TAX

+ License Fee DOV Title Registration $290

+ Doc Fee $45

+ Tire Disposition Fee $8.75

No Destination Charge.

Is this a good offer? If so, I will put down the deposit tomorrow.

Well...let's just assume that msrp on an 07 wagon is 30k...(I think it really is more), but dealer holdback is (i believe) 3% of MSRP. This is the amount they get paid per car sold...regardless of price. So 3% of 30,000 is $900. And if they give you $100 off, they still make $800. It is possible that if you are one of the first people to buy this car...they are giving you this price, so you will tell others, and give them more business.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see NO desitination charge...that is what...$625?...they still make $125, yes it isn't much...but maybe they are using you like I mentioned above?

psucaptain:

Thank you for your analysis. I did not know that they have 3% holdback of MSRP. I thought the holdback is only 2% of Invoice price for foreign car.

If that's the case, I will be more than glad to be used for their marketing purpose. :lol:

Ted, thanks for your input. Yes, I am going to go there today if possible to get a written offer. He did go over all the figures with me over the phone. But he said he has no invoice price at this time.

I read somewhere people can already order through Subaru online for special B, so maybe we can also ask the sales rep to order online for the 07LGT Wagon online to make every number crystal clear?

isnt the destination and pdi charge already in the msrp? also i wouldnt grind too hard because speaking from experience , if there is ever a problem with the car and you grinded them down to nothing then the service will probably reflect the price. nothing wrong with getting a good deal and invoice sounds fair on a new model.

• 2 weeks later...
I got the following offer:

07 LGT Limited Wagon New Port Blue

Invoice Price - $100

+ SALES TAX

+ License Fee DOV Title Registration $290

+ Doc Fee $45

+ Tire Disposition Fee $8.75

No Destination Charge.

Is this a good offer? If so, I will put down the deposit tomorrow.

If you are not in New England, this is a very nice quote!!!!

Too bad they don't have 5MT anymore on 07 GT wagons!! :-(

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

They'll probably try to tack on dealer handling of $2-400 at delivery. That plus a $6-900 holdback means they pocket around a grand off you, not a bad deal for them. You can google subaru holdback for accurate numbers, it's published.

Are they disposing of tires for you? What's that about? what about title reg - does that cover your tag taxes? If not, the doc fee should cover any registration costs with the state I'd think.

Finance - try Capital one car finance, they're easy to deal with. If you don't walk in with some recon on finance they'll probably tack on a point or two to your loan. If you arrange your own financing - or at least get a written quote for them to match - then you won't get hosed in F&I.

As long as they're not hiding anythign - and it's truly invoice, not a doctored invoice - then it's a great deal.

Are they disposing of tires for you? What's that about?

In California, new tires are subject to a "Tire Disposal Fee", and that includes new tires that come attached to new cars.

-- Steve

If you are not in New England, this is a very nice quote!!!!

Too bad they don't have 5MT anymore on 07 GT wagons!! :-(

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

What if we are in New England? :icon_ques

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Archived