LegacyGT.com

STOCK LGT..Need Tighter Suspension..

lowrider418

just got my white GT 2 weeks ago, traded in my REX-needed more refinement..the performance of this engine is exciting, but its lacking support around the corners where the REX shined..

im not a fan of hardcore drops becuase its not convenient, but at the same time my car (To me) feels like a caddy...

i was thinking of getting the bilsteins with Tein H tech...but im open to suggestions.

any input would be greatly appreciated...

ordered a cobb accessport already:icon_mrgr

tokico has a strut replacement available now as well ...... first page of this section currently.

tein basic is less than the price of struts and springs and is just that plus height adjustability.

lots of spring options ...... I just ordered swifts.

I also traded in my '04 WRX wagon for a '05 LGT LTD wagon and I know what you mean. I went with F&R swaybars and tire upgrade. Now the car would leave my WRX in the dust around corners. It made the car very flat in turns but did not hurt the ride.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Swaybars and tires do give it a much improved edge. Depends how much more handling you're looking for. Figure you're going to buy tires no matter what so that's a given. So you buy a set of sways (I have Cuscos), slap them on, (try rear only first, then rear and front), if it's not what you want, then go from there (you can always sell fairly new sways pretty easy too).

If you have the luxury of driving someone else's LGT with a different set up, that's a great way to see what you like. Not sure where you're at.

tein basics the same as springs and struts?

but you can stage it so you get the coils first on stock struts...drive for awhile, and then prob around the same time you woulda needed to change the struts would roughly needed a rebuild of the coilovers right? forgive my ignorance, i still don't understand coilovers that well.

im looking on ebay for strut towar bars, both front and rear- they have a rediculously cheap set-up (no name brand). just wondering the difference between an expensive cobb or cusco set-up compared to one of these...

of course one gets what he pays for, but with two mounting brackets and a metal bar in between, i cant quite understand the difference other than an $80 difference in price.

any input would be great.

Well, now you're getting into another area... strut bars are a whole different discussion then sway bars. Some say front strut bars are better known as "engine bling". :) They will do someting for you, just not as noticeable as sway bars. Go for the rear sway bar first, you'll notice a difference there. I'm looking at the Cusco and for $155 shipped it's really not a bad deal. If that's not enough, go front also. This is easier to "undo" then sprngs and like others said, you can EASILY sell these if you don't like them.

As for name brand, I would say it's worth it. Fitment, Quality, and Reliability are things I like to have when my handling is at stake. As for which brand, that can be debated, but it seems most would agree that cusco is a good fit.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived